Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'll be on tour that weekend, so I may as well jump on the wagon now-- Happy Birthday dude! I know you'll enjoy the heck out of this hat. The magic is truly in the details.

Hmmm. Which 17 hats to sell...? lol

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
I really like their Milans too. Anyone have pics of their alternate colours? I've only seen the natural and black models.

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Yeah, I've seen those. I was just wondering if there were any "in the wild" so to speak. That rootbeer milan does look promising...

Dobb

Familiar Face
Optimo... a class act

I checked out Optimo before, to get some pricing on repairs, but tonight I did the whole tour.I am very happy to be sending my hat to such a great hat shop.

TomS

One Too Many
Some quick pics of my recently purchased Optimo. Its a great lid. Amazing quality, and the color is incredible. Having said that, I dont know if I'm really feeling it...
Best,
Tom
IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

TomS

One Too Many
I just stopped by the shop & put the down payment on a a natural milan this afternoon. It will be here in August.

Do you enjoy shopping at the Optimo shop? I've actually thought about making a trip to Chicago just to check the place out!

Mitral

New in Town
I just got back from a weekend in Chicago. My first Optimo is now on order! Chicago, 2 3/8 brim, 14L ribbon, Silverbelly 1000 felt. I might need to make this a yearly tradition.
Pics coming soon!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I was in Chicago all of last week, and stopped by both of the locations. I met with Tiffani at the downtown location - she is amazing! And has a great eye for matching colors and dimensions to face types. After a couple hours, and testing out several styles, I ended up ordering a Silverbelly 1000 with their smoke ribbon; I think the style was the Park Avenue, but I can't recall the exact name. 2 1/2" brim, underwelted. I also dished out for one of their wool caps, and a grey milan with a 60's look to it. I sent in two hats from my collection for renovation; a 70's semi calado for a reblock, and a 4 year old Optimo I bought second hand that needs a resizing.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
ve thought about this from Japan!

I'd be lying if I said I also hadn't shared the same thought.

I've been saving up for a new hat and can't decide. I don't have a VS, so there's always that option; I know Bob at Black Sheep could whip me up something magical; but the flecked 'toast' felt Robusto and mineral Grey Manhattan on the Optimo site currently have me enamored. I do have a proper natural straw Milan, but Optimo's are gorgeous, but I also don't have a Panama.

Decisions, decisions!

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
Went to Optimo last week Saturday to get one VS re-ribboned and get a brim trim on another VS. They were happy to do it but only if I got both hats cleaned and reblocked. So $50 of work would have cost me $220. I declined their "generous" offer. Of the six times I've been to Optimo this is the 2nd time I've walked away disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy