Original Rough Wear 18091

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Senicko_Spain, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Senicko_Spain

Senicko_Spain Suspended

I just pulled this out of storage today, I sure missed it. Weather is getting a bit cooler here so I thought I'd have a look at what I can wear this year. This is a beautiful Original Rough Wear W535-AC-18091 Contract. It belonged to a fighter pilot of the 57th FS/54th FG. This patch was the only one the squadron had and it was "unofficial" nonetheless it was their squadron emblem and very rare. This squadron flew P-39s and P-51s. They were stationed at Kodiak, AK during the Aleutians campaign. I was able to find a pic of the emblem on one of their aircraft. You can see this jacket in the film Report from the Aleutians. Take a look at the You Tube clip at 03:41 and 04:31 there you will see a this jacket with the same patch, well maybe not the same jacket but one just like it. Enjoy the pics and the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-L5cIoL1gw&feature=related

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eyemo

Eyemo Practically Family

Very nice indeed!!!:)

3. Treetopflyer

Treetopflyer Practically Family

Beautiful!

It is awesome to see a piece of history still "out and about".

4. Senicko_Spain

Senicko_Spain Suspended

I wear it on occasion, just not everyday. Just like a classic car, I check the weather and make sure I don't let anyone borrow her and never, never leave her unattended on the back of a chair anywhere! I had a repro stolen that way once before when I went to the john I'm just glad it wasn't worth too much. This one is very sturdy, I just try to take extreme care when wearing it. I do worry a bit about the patch as it is painted on leather so I make sure not to bend it so as not to crack it.

[​IMG]

5. srivats

srivats Familiar Face

Beautiful!

6. johnnyjohnny

johnnyjohnny Practically Family

of the aGes

to wear a piece of history, and on top of it have it look that great...fantastic