Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORIGINAL VINTAGE CONCERT T-SHIRTS! From THE GRATEFUL DEAD and THE OTHER ONES!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
VINTAGE CONCERT T-SHIRTS!

From THE GRATEFUL DEAD & THE OTHER ONES!

Dating from 1994, 1995--just prior to Jerry Garcia's death--and 1998.

While I mainly focus on classic and contemporary menswear, such as tweeds, 3/2 sacks, and offerings from the more traditional (and often long-gone!) American and British clothiers, every wardrobe should have some great vintage T-shirts.... And what could be more American than some vintage Dead concert shirts?
1f609.png

While Don Henley's right that you can never go back to the summers of your youth no matter how many Deadhead stickers you put on your Cadillac you can certainly dress as you did.... and with the Japanese love for all things vintage Americana spilling back to their home country you won't look at all out of place!

I'm thus very pleased to have three ORIGINAL 1990s T-shirts, from The Grateful Dead and The Other Ones--the band formed in 1998 by former Dead members Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, and Mickey Hart, along with part-time Grateful Dead collaborator Bruce Hornsby.

NB: All prices include shipping and insurance in the USA.

1) ORIGINAL VINTAGE 1994 GRATEFUL DEAD "Follow The Golden Road" Wizard of Oz CONCERT T-SHIRT.

FANTASTIC and extremely rare, this is an original 1994 Concert T-shirt from The Grateful Dead's "Follow The Golden Road" Tour. Issued just a few months before the death of Jerry Garcia, this is in exceptionally good condition, making it extremely desirable and collectible; indeed, this shirt would be suitable for framing.

The artwork is wonderful, the colors are still firm and bright; the only thing that shows this shirt's age are a few very small holes under one arm. (Like good leather jackets, some patina is desirable with vintage T's!) Made in the USA by Liquid Blue, this is a size L.

Chest: 21; length: 27 1/2.

Asking $95, or offer--a bargain, since originals are increasingly rare and this is under half the price currently being charged by specialty stores.

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
2) ORIGINAL 1995 GRATEFUL DEAD tie-die T-shirt.

Made by Anvil the year that Jerry Garcia died--which likely dates it to the Spring of 1995--this is a classic Dead shirt, featuring the parading bears. This is in excellent condition; the only flaw is some wear to the original interior label. Made by Anvil. Chest: 22 1/4; length: 25.

Asking just $49, or offer.

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
3) RARE! ORIGINAL RELEASE Tie-Dye Shirt for "The Other Ones". ISSUED THE YEAR OF THEIR FOUNDING.

"The Other Ones" were the spin-off band from The Grateful Dead. Formed in 1998 by former Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, and Mickey Hart, along with part-time Grateful Dead collaborator Bruce Hornsby, the band later changed its name to The Dead and broke up in 2002.

This T-shirt dates from 1998, the year that they were founded. It is in excellent condition, apart from a tiny hole near the hem, as shown, and a wonderful piece of Americana. Made by Liquid Blue, this is tagged XL. Chest: 23 1/2; Length: 25 3/4.

Asking just $35, or offer.

DSC04915_zps9r34im1v.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner