Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
They are very nice. I have my basement booby trapped with vintage hats everywhere, lol...I'm going to concentrate on some modern hat makers for a change. I'm working on a couple of Gannon's and an Optimo is on the Three Kings Day holiday list [emoji6]

It is hard to ignore a nice vintage hat.[emoji24][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Los Reyes Magos! It's best to only give gifts for those and not for Christmass, because after Christmass everything is discounted.
Unfortunately, I could never convince my kids and my wife of that, dammit.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Los Reyes Magos! It's best to only give gifts for those and not for Christmass, because after Christmass everything is discounted.
Unfortunately, I could never convince my kids and my wife of that, dammit.

[emoji1] You are right, lol....Usually my wife and I exchange something small, but for next year I told her that Melchor better be bringing me an Optimo order slip or appointment schedule [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

J Williams

Practically Family
Was just notified I won this Nutria - not sure what's going on with the sweat there but I'm looking forward to getting it cleaned up.

nutria.jpg
nutria2.jpg

Thanks Bob, have you found shipping from this site is always crazy? I think they billed me $60 and I didn’t even get an email to argue with it.

Yep ... different with every auction house (if they will ship it at all). Some have been as reasonable as Goodwill and others will slap "handling" fees on, then take it across the street to the UPS Store where the street-rates are doubled.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Was just notified I won this Nutria - not sure what's going on with the sweat there but I'm looking forward to getting it cleaned up.

View attachment 199084 View attachment 199085
Super hat J.
Nutria’s like this one have the block and brim width that are perfect imho.
The embroidered liner tip is icing on the cake.
I bet it cleans up nice and is a top shelf hat for you. I know mine is.
Good get.
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I found a red liner Resistol for sale without a size listed. I asked for the size and this was the response:

4d9bb66ab80d95593b0399985bfef09f.jpg

Great news! Who knew that a 6 7/8 would fit my 7 5/8 LO head after just a few wears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Did you reply? I had a seller tell me all "antique" hats were made of cashmere, in a condescending tone. When I said I had always thought they were made of hare, rabbit, and beaver or either pure or blended, she said I might be right, and that she would have to change the listing. She didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto