Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Some places treat this whole week as a holiday, depending on the number of employees, etc. You might not hear anything from them until next week. I've never purchased from them, so I can't give you any information about how good their communication is with customers.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Got a reply. High grade wool. The factory do not make it on other felt, only wool.
And they do ship overseas but do not know how much, only estimate a cost. Instead of going directly from the factory to me, it will have to go to DGW and then to me.
Don't know if I want a wooly even that big...

DOGMAN

One Too Many
This weekend finds.Two hat boxes.The Stetson box came with insert also a black Royal Stetson hat,really dirty.No size,I think maybe 7 1/4.The Bonds box has inserts for two hats,I'll put these boxes back to work.A black wool top hat,it was cheap couldn't pass it up.Last a hat block With a damaged flange.I've been watching this at a antique store for more than a year.They finally dropped the price.It's a 5 3/4-71/4-52.The flange is a 7 3/8-2 1/8 it's pretty beat up on one side. http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/gokutdog/estate sale finds 002_zps3b3fcdom.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Gentlemen,thanks.Strapped-4-Cache,it's a little tight on me will see if it can take a little stretch.If not then it might go up for sale.I think for a small amount above $25.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Last week was a good week,found 2 hats at a antique shop.It would have been a great week...because I found my 1st Whippet,for a ridiculous low price.Also found a very nice Mallory,The Dallas.The reason this was not a great find is...both hats are 7 1/8,I'm a 7 1/4 long oval.Always wanted a Whippet but was never willing to pay the price.My dilemma is should I try to stretch the hats to fit me.Should I let it go?I know these Whippets can get a high dollar on Ebay.I think this could be a early 50s hat The logo on the sweatband has the leaf,the logo on the sew in liner has the stars.That's only a guess at the age.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Last week was a good week,found 2 hats at a antique shop.It would have been a great week...because I found my 1st Whippet,for a ridiculous low price.Also found a very nice Mallory,The Dallas.The reason this was not a great find is...both hats are 7 1/8,I'm a 7 1/4 long oval.Always wanted a Whippet but was never willing to pay the price.My dilemma is should I try to stretch the hats to fit me.Should I let it go?I know these Whippets can get a high dollar on Ebay.I think this could be a early 50s hat The logo on the sweatband has the leaf,the logo on the sew in liner has the stars.That's only a guess at the age.

is there a size tag or any labels under the sweat ?

I'll go out on a limb and guess early 50s by what I see right now but those things I mentioned would help narrow it down a bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk