Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Wow. Thank you, Brent. That is quite a compliment. This is a Bowen/Alan/Eric/Steven/40Cal level hat.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I think in the future we’ll be saying great hats are Max level hats (an double entendre to be sure).

So many of these are specimens that I’d never get the chance to see if it wasn’t for the people here on the Lounge. Your sharing them with us is very appreciated.

Was the VS in this group? Curious as to your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I think in the future we’ll be saying great hats are Max level hats (an double entendre to be sure).

So many of these are specimens that I’d never get the chance to see if it wasn’t for the people here on the Lounge. Your sharing them with us is very appreciated.

Was the VS in this group? Curious as to your opinion.

It arrived to my brother in law's after he came here, so I didn't get a chance to see it yet. I will go visit him later this month, and will pick it up then.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Just bought my second Stetson One Hundred.
b75fed8ee98abf0bfe55d053ac4cf54a.jpg
fbeba3b00f1c4ae568e2e75b78f9857a.jpg
b2524308839a65bb73a4635bca1a8a6a.jpg
b89d8f3f8c583003dbebe4844d5a393f.jpg
ade21514227f7663243b7c4de6f67b6a.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Anyone else think this hat looks quite contemporary? Not at all what I'd expect a Stetson 100 to look like. Interesting bird, Max, much different from the traditional western-style 100 I typically see.
My seller says he had it altered. I like it, because I like fedoras, not full-blown Westerns. The only full Western I have is an El Presidente. That is enough.

My seller says he had it altered. I like it, because I like fedoras, not full-blown Westerns. The only full Western I have is an El Presidente. That is enough.

It turned out great, I wonder if he has an image of it before being altered? The ribbon treatment is a nice contrast, I wonder if that was changed as well? This one is going to be a super hat, very wearable (for a 100!)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
It turned out great, I wonder if he has an image of it before being altered? The ribbon treatment is a nice contrast, I wonder if that was changed as well? This one is going to be a super hat, very wearable (for a 100!)
He doesn't have an image of it before it was altered, but he told me the ribbon, the brim width, and the general contours of the whole hat were.

Yes, I will wear it often.
It will make up for not being able to wear my vintage Excellent Quality. That one is a 7 1/2 like this one, but I can't get myself to alter it because of its historical value. If I wore it as a 7 1/2, it would cover my eyes! [emoji2]

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Olive green Dobbs Cross Country. It is a 7 1/2, but I will have Ignacio, my hatter, conform it.
ee9160a1d1aaee3806e7ac72877af9b7.jpg
742d54833d60ef397a5f3d647a590872.jpg
e64e5a7aec7029360d2123bed8e36dbc.jpg

The seller forgot to mention it was a Cross Country in the listing. Otherwise, I am pretty sure it would have been gone.
I hope the color turns out to be the one in the last pic. The color under the brim is usually the one closest to the truth. Wonder why?

The seller forgot to mention it was a Cross Country in the listing. Otherwise, I am pretty sure it would have been gone.
I hope the color turns out to be the one in the last pic. The color under the brim is usually the one closest to the truth. Wonder why?

Good catch, Max. I’ve heard that the Cross Country hats are superb. I hope it is the color you want. I’ll look forward to hearing your review too.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Good catch, Max. I’ve heard that the Cross Country hats are superb. I hope it is the color you want. I’ll look forward to hearing your review too.

Thank you, Brent. I got my first Cross Country, a blue one, from Moon. I asked our trusted hat purchase adviser, Sensei Bowen, and he gave me the green light.
He says he's never seen a CC in green before.
I think this time it will be fun to take a pic with the hat on before Ignacio fits it to me, and one after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24