Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought the same and I found the website for Standard Hat Works in Waco, but the different liners has me wondering if they’re custom or just jobber hats. In any case I feel confident it isn’t the “Imperial homburg Stetson” as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No, there's a Stetson hat box under that 2nd hat so the seller is assuming it's a Stetson hat.

Could just be different liners that SHWiW had over the years, or even different quality designations. If the price is right, I'd definitely go for the 2nd hat... both if a grey is wanted in my collection.

No, there's a Stetson hat box under that 2nd hat so the seller is assuming it's a Stetson hat.

Could just be different liners that SHWiW had over the years, or even different quality designations. If the price is right, I'd definitely go for the 2nd hat... both if a grey is wanted in my collection.

She also said it’s the original box from the 1950s. Right.

I get that she’s not trying to misrepresent the hat, she just doesn’t know. If she was offering them cheap I wouldn’t worry and I’d buy them and take my chances. She wants what could be a fair price, but no sort of deal. I guess since she doesn’t want to provide more photos or fold the sweat back I’ll make a low offer and see what happens...because that always works out.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I get that she’s not trying to misrepresent the hat, she just doesn’t know. If she was offering them cheap I wouldn’t worry and I’d buy them and take my chances. She wants what could be a fair price, but no sort of deal. I guess since she doesn’t want to provide more photos or fold the sweat back I’ll make a low offer and see what happens...because that always works out.
My uncle gave me a Stetson hat (and another no name hat that I liked even better) that came in a box like that one... late 50s to early 60s is my guess, when my uncle's younger brother was in high school. How this seller can think a hat with a liner showing other names is actually a Stetson is beyond me. Sometimes I think they don't want to know the truth so they can artificially inflate the value of their items for sale.

I mean, I suppose a Stetson could have been refurbed by Standard Hat Works, but I doubt it... especially if she won't show pics under the sweat.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

If just one.... my vote goes to #2 mainly because the sweat looks nicer. Imho

We should have a pool for who made that hat. Ha i got $5 on Resistol for #2. Lol

I think it’s a Standard Hat Works 1000X custom that retails for $2,500

A guy can dream.

6c8a0d12a97e19a8b17c48a3284dba15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot