Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hooray! That was sooner than expected, Max. The colour is great and that looks to be a lovely felt. Give it a try first with the felt ribbon; makes it look very different from other hats.
Thank you, Stefan! I was starting to feel discouraged. I searched Etsy for one three or four times a day, but I think I might have lost it if John hadn't PMd me about it.
I will give it a try. It looks very nice as it is.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh? It makes it special, huh? If you say so, it must be true, Alan. Could you please elaborate a little?

Our temptation is to reach for the same thing over and over... because of a perception that we look best in a certain style, because our sense of taste draws us down a particular path... there are many pulls and pushes. Following the same path can make one's collection saturated with sameness. Though this model is not something I have looked to acquire, nor have I studied the history of the Game Bird, the wider self ribbon in this hat seems less common to me and would be a reason to keep it as is. I like to collect hats that I can wear so virtually everything I have kept is in my size. I am drawn to the look of some hats more than others. That said, I would not change the oddballs into something different for the sake of how I think they look on my head. I'm becoming an old man and nobody is looking at me anymore, anyway.

Just my .02.
excellent11.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Our temptation is to reach for the same thing over and over... because of a perception that we look best in a certain style, because our sense of taste draws us down a particular path... there are many pulls and pushes. Following the same path can make one's collection saturated with sameness. Though this model is not something I have looked to acquire, nor have I studied the history of the Game Bird, the wider self ribbon in this hat seems less common to me and would be a reason to keep it as is. I like to collect hats that I can wear so virtually everything I have kept is in my size. I am drawn to the look of some hats more than others. That said, I would not change the oddballs into something different for the sake of how I think they look on my head. I'm becoming an old man and nobody is looking at me anymore, anyway.

Just my .02.
View attachment 148987
Hahaha. I am already there. Sad part is, I no longer care, anyway. [emoji2]
Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran