Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thought for sure I'd score this pair of Open Roads, but once again, I was taught a lesson! One of you?

sa887567111-er.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
I wanted that one, Lefty, but my budget wouldn't stretch that far after picking up my Pilgrim last week.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I guess this goes here. I'm on the Board of Directors of the Bessemer Historical Society, who own and operate the Steelworks Museum and CF&I Archives here in Pueblo (CF&I was the biggest steel mill west of the Mississippi). Last night was our annual banquet, dance, and silent auction to raise money. It was a 1940s-themed event, so I made and donated a hat for the auction, a model named "The Bessemer." It only sold for $70, which was about what I anticipated, but gentleman that won was very appreciative of it. It attracted a lot of attention, including from the local newspaper, and they talked to me about interviewing me sometime in the near future.

Biggest gripe of the evening? None of the bartenders knew how to make a Martini - they had to look at a cheat sheet! They were still messed up. And I didn't get to have my picture taken with the "cigarette girls." lol
TheBessemerAtAuction.jpg

Brad

TipTop

Practically Family
I guess this goes here. I'm on the Board of Directors of the Bessemer Historical Society, who own and operate the Steelworks Museum and CF&I Archives here in Pueblo (CF&I was the biggest steel mill west of the Mississippi). Last night was our annual banquet, dance, and silent auction to raise money. It was a 1940s-themed event, so I made and donated a hat for the auction, a model named "The Bessemer." It only sold for $70, which was about what I anticipated, but gentleman that won was very appreciative of it. It attracted a lot of attention, including from the local newspaper, and they talked to me about interviewing me sometime in the near future.

Biggest gripe of the evening? None of the bartenders knew how to make a Martini - they had to look at a cheat sheet! They were still messed up. And I didn't get to have my picture taken with the "cigarette girls." lol
TheBessemerAtAuction.jpg

Brad

And let me guess about the "Hat Check"...... Sorry.

Jingo Mastapone

Familiar Face
A bartender who doesn't know how to make a martini is not a bartender. Let's insist on enforcing some standards! Is the hat named after the town, named after the process, named after the man?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy