Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I picked them up! Pretty sweet.

The Vogue is a rare hat, and although I think one of the past members here has one a lot more colorful this one will go nicely in the collection.

The Imperial will probably replace a 50s Sovereign long hair I've got. I haven't had much luck with lighter color long hair Stetsons, so this is pretty nice.

(actually looking at the Sovereign, it's a really light, almost silver hat. I might not be able to move that one along even if I am trying to cut down my collection)

I hope someone here got these as my morning got away from me and I missed the end of the auction (I had a chance for free oak logs that a logger up the hill on National Forest property was leaving behind as they were too short or just not enough for him to load and make a run with his semi-truck -- I had until today to get them out of there and have been working on cutting / hauling for three days).

The sizes are unknown, but I'm still pretty bummed.

View attachment 508392

Stetson Royal Deluxe "Vogue".

View attachment 508394

View attachment 508395

Stetson Imperial.

View attachment 508396

View attachment 508397

From my friend Jonathan @TheOldFashioned

AFBB2F12-EB82-464C-954A-D6222320EE48.jpeg
AFD91839-0A76-4CD3-B462-2E32F87F3A1C.jpeg
5F792821-B92F-463F-BFC1-B1104E8E6303.jpeg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Partial victory here for this Resistol BR Western Natural Beaver “80”.

The good: the felt is excellent quality and in good condition with minor stains that should clean up. Also, the hat fits me well.

The bad: the snakeskin hatband was partially glued down and there is some glue residue on the felt. The original thin ribbon is toast with ends trimmed and much glue residue.

I think I can safely remove most of the glue residue from the felt but not sure if I can get it all without damage. I don’t like the snakeskin hat band for this hat (I’ll likely put on one of my Akubras) so I need to find an appropriate replacement once I see the glue situation.

Does anyone have a good source for the two ply thin ribbon?

Bill

IMG_5074.jpeg
IMG_5841.jpeg
IMG_5839.jpeg
IMG_5840.jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5843.jpeg
IMG_5844.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg

Partial victory here for this Resistol BR Western Natural Beaver “80”.

The good: the felt is excellent quality and in good condition with minor stains that should clean up. Also, the hat fits me well.

The bad: the snakeskin hatband was partially glued down and there is some glue residue on the felt. The original thin ribbon is toast with ends trimmed and much glue residue.

I think I can safely remove most of the glue residue from the felt but not sure if I can get it all without damage. I don’t like the snakeskin hat band for this hat (I’ll likely put on one of my Akubras) so I need to find an appropriate replacement once I see the glue situation.

Does anyone have a good source for the two ply thin ribbon?

Bill

View attachment 517797 View attachment 517798 View attachment 517799 View attachment 517800 View attachment 517801 View attachment 517802 View attachment 517803 View attachment 517804

https://purebeaverhatsupply.com/collections/catalog/products/ply-cord-hat-band

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko