Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Defeat and gripe part II. Another seller who didn't know what they were doing. Listed this at an admittedly too low BIN price and got all worked up (to put it mildly) when I bought it. Wanted several times over what the BIN price was and got even more worked up when I told him what I thought it was worth. Me no hat and he zero stars. I would have liked the hat.

laz1.jpeg
laz2.jpeg
laz3.jpeg
laz4.jpeg
laz5.jpeg
laz6.jpeg
laz7.jpeg
laz8.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Sorry for your loss, Stefan. The pictures do look nice.

Defeat and gripe. What's the point of listing and selling a hat and then not send it? Pity, because it was a nice looking one too. View attachment 561290 View attachment 561291 View attachment 561292 View attachment 561293 View attachment 561294 View attachment 561295 View attachment 561296 View attachment 561297

Defeat and gripe part II. Another seller who didn't know what they were doing. Listed this at an admittedly too low BIN price and got all worked up (to put it mildly) when I bought it. Wanted several times over what the BIN price was and got even more worked up when I told him what I thought it was worth. Me no hat and he zero stars. I would have liked the hat.

View attachment 561298 View attachment 561299 View attachment 561300 View attachment 561301 View attachment 561302 View attachment 561303 View attachment 561304 View attachment 561305

I was on an auction site that has a "live" web version and the twelve items closest to closing are tiled across the top in two rows and the upcoming lots are single file down the page. The closing is "soft" so if a bid comes in in the last couple of minutes more time is added. Things tend to jump around quite a bit in that top twelve as the closing order shuffles with time extensions and lots drop in and out (when closed). I was watching a hat and was outbid with about a minute left and was contemplating another bid. When I went to click on the next bid increment the hat I wanted moved and I bid on the one next to it -- much more than I would have normally. I then made sure I got my bid in one the one I wanted and hoped that someone would outbid me on the "mistake". Well ... that didn't happen. So I end up with two hats.

The one I wanted. A Peters Bros. One-Hundred that needs a cleaning and a new sweatband.

1701141984800.png

1701142029799.png

The one I didn't want. A Stetson 4X also needing a cleaning and a sweatband. No way I'm gonna break even on this one.

1701142101540.png

1701142143571.png

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was on an auction site that has a "live" web version and the twelve items closest to closing are tiled across the top in two rows and the upcoming lots are single file down the page. The closing is "soft" so if a bid comes in in the last couple of minutes more time is added. Things tend to jump around quite a bit in that top twelve as the closing order shuffles with time extensions and lots drop in and out (when closed). I was watching a hat and was outbid with about a minute left and was contemplating another bid. When I went to click on the next bid increment the hat I wanted moved and I bid on the one next to it -- much more than I would have normally. I then made sure I got my bid in one the one I wanted and hoped that someone would outbid me on the "mistake". Well ... that didn't happen. So I end up with two hats.

The one I wanted. A Peters Bros. One-Hundred that needs a cleaning and a new sweatband.

View attachment 564486

View attachment 564487

The one I didn't want. A Stetson 4X also needing a cleaning and a sweatband. No way I'm gonna break even on this one.

View attachment 564488

View attachment 564489
I've been able to purchase Peters Bros sweatbands directly from Peters Bros. But that was with me going in the store. Hopefully you can call them and get them to sell/ship you one?

I found a new hatter on Etsy who offered to make me a custom rabbit fur felt hat for a great price. The crown is a bit tall even for me, but that just means I can give it a deep crease. I’m not expecting a lot, but I’m glad to throw business to a new hatter who is changing prices commensurate with their experience. The hat shipped three days ago so it won’t be long.

IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6402.jpeg
IMG_6400.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Looking forward to hearing more about it.

I found a new hatter on Etsy who offered to make me a custom rabbit fur felt hat for a great price. The crown is a bit tall even for me, but that just means I can give it a deep crease. I’m not expecting a lot, but I’m glad to throw business to a new hatter who is changing prices commensurate with their experience. The hat shipped three days ago so it won’t be long.

View attachment 565227 View attachment 565228 View attachment 565229

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
This one really has me ticked off.
I bought this hat on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160654...444&click_sum=abcad41d&ref=user_profile&cns=1

The transaction went through, payment was made. I wake up, check my emails and see that the seller cancelled the transaction. Says he can't ship to the US. Nowhere on the sellers page mentions that, and the hat is back up for sale.
I'm thinking about buying it over and over till he either ships it to me or stops listing it.
Grrrrr!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up

laz1.jpeg
Dear Stefan, this gentleman put this hat up for sale on various online markets and made a bit of a mess.
He never responded to me, so screw him completely

View attachment 565227 View attachment 565228 View attachment 565229
Very nice looking.. and that liner looks gorgeous

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I had just begun perusing the pages of Shopgoodwilldotcom when I saw this Shudde Bros Beaver Deluxe with a low bid and less than 2 hours to go.

1701573318910.png
Checking the bid history showed high bidder was s***r. I thought there was a good chance that was "Dad" so I thought I'd bid him up a little. Didn't want him to get it too cheap...
Looks like I'm the new owner of a Shudde Bros Beaver Deluxe western, size unknown.
I will most likely be looking to trade if it doesn't fit. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.
Stay tuned!

Mighty44

One Too Many
I had just begun perusing the pages of Shopgoodwilldotcom when I saw this Shudde Bros Beaver Deluxe with a low bid and less than 2 hours to go.

View attachment 566414
Checking the bid history showed high bidder was s***r. I thought there was a good chance that was "Dad" so I thought I'd bid him up a little. Didn't want him to get it too cheap...
Looks like I'm the new owner of a Shudde Bros Beaver Deluxe western, size unknown.
I will most likely be looking to trade if it doesn't fit. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.
Stay tuned!
I love the motivation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot