Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Others Reactions To Your Comments

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
PA080096.jpg

I see your
NotIndyCopAvatar.jpg

and raise you a,
PB230173.jpg

:cool2: :D lol

:eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I try ....but living in NYC....

I wear a fedora nowadays & most of my lids are vintage that were obtained through eBay.. I get smiles from the ladies at the office building I work in, so I tip my hat wordlessly & smile back.

Wearing a fedora in a sea of baseball caps will make any person stand out, so that you'll get noticed without ever having to say a word, you're already making a statement whether you like it or not.... hopefully when you speak, the words that come out of your mouth will be as classy as you look or the effect will be ruined. :D

LordBest

Practically Family
The other day I bumped into a chap wearing a stingy brim fedora, first time I've seen another real hat wearer in my city. I told him I liked his hat, he said "thanks", somewhat warily I thought, perhaps mistaking me for a mocking member of the Masses, until he saw my hat and brightened considerably. "I like your hat, too, we're Men!" says he. "Thanks, yes." say I, smiles all round and we continue on our way.

ortega76

Practically Family
Living on the South Suburbs (of Chicago), I see two types of hat wearers (predominently)- older African American men wearing lots of Dobbs, Stacy Adams and Stetsons and younger guys (teens) wearing cloth lids with screenprints.

To anyone rocking a hat I like, I always give a nod or a handshake and "Nice lid". Generally, I am pretty well received by people. Since I typically wear a hat myself, I think I come across as sincere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot