Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

bd3

New in Town
Fix it Shop

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but this town will need a fix it shop for all the small appliances, lamps, etc that break. Haven't found a thing I'm not able to fix yet. So I can run a fix it shop......

Lady Jessica said:
We could have Disneyland park hours. Nine am to midnight or earlier, probably nine am to ten pm... considering ten pm is the polite time to leave other people alone. :) We can have big gates and I'll get a... whip or something and herd them all out. We can have shops leading out to where we'll have 'visitor parking' and make good money from selling things like shotglasses that say "The Only Vintage Town Still Running". :p
Be more "period" to let the cops do it--I'll even lend the riot-guns and Thompsons (they even had a special, non-penetrating "riot load", but it only worked in the shorty magazines) if necessary...:eek: lol

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Be more "period" to let the cops do it--I'll even lend the riot-guns and Thompsons (they even had a special, non-penetrating "riot load", but it only worked in the shorty magazines) if necessary...:eek: lol

Ooh, I like your thinking! I'm not much of a herder anyway. lol The cops would do a fine job.

'Course, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too much trouble to get you sworn in as a "special deputy" if you really wanted to join the fun...;) trust me, cuttin' loose with a Chopper is an experience that everyone interested in the Golden Era should be able to have at least once! Rock and Roll, 1920s-style... lol

Try not to like my thinking too much, since I am somewhat... shall we just say "not exactly sane" and leave it at that?

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Gunbarrel/Traction Table/Gassing The Plane/Car Chase
via FoxyTunes

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I like rhymes. Also when I wanted one, one of my friends was all "haha, Josie's Posies!" etc. because we're dorks like that.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
'Course, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too much trouble to get you sworn in as a "special deputy" if you really wanted to join the fun...;) trust me, cuttin' loose with a Chopper is an experience that everyone interested in the Golden Era should be able to have at least once! Rock and Roll, 1920s-style... lol

Try not to like my thinking too much, since I am somewhat... shall we just say "not exactly sane" and leave it at that?

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Gunbarrel/Traction Table/Gassing The Plane/Car Chase
via FoxyTunes

Sounds fun, sign me up. Not to worry, as long as you aren't "exactly insane". I'm cool with you being "Not exactly sane". ;)

Lady Jessica said:
Sounds fun, sign me up. Not to worry, as long as you aren't "exactly insane". I'm cool with you being "Not exactly sane". ;)
Actually, it's a long story, but I'm actually in a "gray area" on opposite sides of the line between the legal and clinical benchmarks--my psych profs put a great deal of work into inducing a state of "legally sane but clinically nuts" to make me a more effective deterrent to a stalker who was threatening a young lady I once loved. (Would you be ready to take on someone who you had reason to believe was well-armed, highly paranoid and crazy as a loon?:eek: I know I'd turn my attention elsewhere...lol As for "am I dangerous", well, if you're talking about "with intent" only toward those who threaten me and my friends/family--there's actually more to worry about from my inability to read people, paired with the 1-2 punch of "Hulking Mass" plus "Freakin' Klutz"...)

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Finding The Plane/Underwater Ballet/Bond With Spectre Frogmen/Leiter To The Rescue/Bond Joins Underwater Battle
via FoxyTunes

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
Yes sir!

In any case I could totally see me with a cigar or something in my mouth, in a pin-strip suit, holding a nice gun and telling everyone to get out of our town. lol In a mobster voice!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
When the tourists come, we should have a mock car-chase between suited men with tommy-guns and the local fuzz, just for the hell of it.

"...And if you'll come down main street, folks, we've got the post-office, cinema, theater, and...Wooah, look out! Here comes the Kennedy gang with Officer Clarkson hot on their heels!"

p51 said:
I could be the station agent for the RR station (naturally, the trains have to be steam powered) and command the local national guard unit in town...
Can't we give "Covered Wagon"-type diesels (GM E- and F-models, Alco FAs, FPAs and PAs, FM Eries and C-Liners) some room too? The early E's were toward the height of Art Deco with those long noses... and the rare PA's (only four left!) have been dubbed "Honorary Steam Locomotives" by most railroad historians.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
p51 said:
I could be the station agent for the RR station (naturally, the trains have to be steam powered) and command the local national guard unit in town...

If you're to be station-master, then you'll need a pretty, gold, railroad chronometer pocket-watch:

w6994a.jpg

Gawd, I wish I had one of these...

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hail, hail, the cops are here!!!!!!

of course with the "choppers" cutting loose maybe a BAR and riot shotgun or two wouldn't be out of line??

I'm also thinking a paddywagon is needed...and maybe a motorcycle patrolman as well???

Just my thoughts.....as your duly sworn in officer-of-the-law

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou