Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

For coffee you have a choice of Maxwell House, Chase & Sanborn, Bokar, Yuban, Eight O'Clock, S. S. Pierce, Savarin, Sanka, or Kaffee Hag. (Or if you west coast people insist, MJB, Hills Bros. and Folger's.)

Anyone who drinks Folgers should be shackled to the stocks in the public square and pelted with vicious and particularly nasty epithets. That's the devil's coffee.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Some other features of our town cuisine:

Spam 'n' Eggs
Instant Postum
Flavor-Sealed Canned Whole Chicken
Campbell's Mulligatawny
Jell-O Ice Cream Mix
Shredded Ralston
Toasted sandwiches made with Durkee's Famous Dressing.
Visking skinless frankforts.
Piecrusts made with Swift's Bland Lard.
Force flakes.
Hoodsie cups.

For coffee you have a choice of Maxwell House, Chase & Sanborn, Bokar, Yuban, Eight O'Clock, S. S. Pierce, Savarin, Sanka, or Kaffee Hag. (Or if you west coast people insist, MJB, Hills Bros. and Folger's.)

I'll take Savarin coffee. As far as Campbell's soups go, though I'd prefer Printanier in the spring, Scotch Broth the year 'round, and Ox-Tail in winter.

Nobert

Practically Family
Better than my last job. People would stand on my feet and I'd have to tell them their weight, then they'd take a little card with their fortune on it out of my shirt pocket.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Some other features of our town cuisine:

Spam 'n' Eggs
Instant Postum
Flavor-Sealed Canned Whole Chicken
Campbell's Mulligatawny
Jell-O Ice Cream Mix
Shredded Ralston
Toasted sandwiches made with Durkee's Famous Dressing.
Visking skinless frankforts.
Piecrusts made with Swift's Bland Lard.
Force flakes.
Hoodsie cups.

Back in the 60s and 70s I used to love going to the A&P with my grandmother. As soon as you walked through the front door you could smell the Eight O'clock coffee being ground at one of the red grinders located on the end of the checkout counters. Even today when I smell fresh ground coffee I'm automatically transported back to the A&P and those days. Unfortunately, they closed all the A&P stores years ago where I live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21