Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

LizzieMaine

Bartender
On any other day, I would agree with you whole hardily Lizzie! But as I type this, I am in massive pain, radiating from my back, down both legs, excruciating, every time I move. I was shovelling snow this morning, not heavy wet stuff, light powder, so I must have pinched a nerve. If this keeps up, I may have to move neer James. Can you clear some of those Hippies out, and fumigate for me?

In all seriousness, that sounds like sciatica to me -- I've had long experience with it. You probably slipped a disc in your spine, and it doesn't go away overnight. The last time I had it happen, it took four months to resolve itself. Not fun.

On any other day, I would agree with you whole hardily Lizzie! But as I type this, I am in massive pain, radiating from my back, down both legs, excruciating, every time I move. I was shovelling snow this morning, not heavy wet stuff, light powder, so I must have pinched a nerve. If this keeps up, I may have to move neer James. Can you clear some of those Hippies out, and fumigate for me?

Well there is always Australia. :p
I'll send a few more containers of Hippies to Maine to make space for you. :p

A pic of the Pentagon under construction, circa 1942. Arlington, VA.

Pentagon_construction.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
In all seriousness, that sounds like sciatica to me -- I've had long experience with it. You probably slipped a disc in your spine, and it doesn't go away overnight. The last time I had it happen, it took four months to resolve itself. Not fun.

Thanks Lizzie! It was a pinched nerve, I can tell, because there was only a slight twinge this morning, and it is almost all the way gone tonight. I suppose, if I had to pick, I would take the pinch over the slipped disc any day of the week. As you said, the later does not go away in a day, talking to friends that have been so stricken over the years.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Well there is always Australia. :p
I'll send a few more containers of Hippies to Maine to make space for you. :p

James, I just found out today, I am an addict! I just bough two more vintage motorcycles. On the way home, I stopped at 7-11 and bought a Mountain Dew and a candy bar. Driving away, I realized all I needed to prove I am a hopeless junkie was a bag of DORITOS! :D

James, I just found out today, I am an addict! I just bough two more vintage motorcycles. On the way home, I stopped at 7-11 and bought a Mountain Dew and a candy bar. Driving away, I realized all I needed to prove I am a hopeless junkie was a bag of DORITOS! :D

Doritos was invented at Disneyland. They were originally served at the Casa de Fritos restaurant in Frontierland.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
No New Era potato chips?

Pity. They're healthier because they are "on the alkaline side", besides which
they don't cause one to grow fat. Look at the silhouettes of the athletic models on the can.
All thin as rice paper.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Some other features of our town cuisine:

Spam 'n' Eggs
Instant Postum
Flavor-Sealed Canned Whole Chicken
Campbell's Mulligatawny
Jell-O Ice Cream Mix
Shredded Ralston
Toasted sandwiches made with Durkee's Famous Dressing.
Visking skinless frankforts.
Piecrusts made with Swift's Bland Lard.
Force flakes.
Hoodsie cups.

For coffee you have a choice of Maxwell House, Chase & Sanborn, Bokar, Yuban, Eight O'Clock, S. S. Pierce, Savarin, Sanka, or Kaffee Hag. (Or if you west coast people insist, MJB, Hills Bros. and Folger's.)

Nobert

Practically Family
For coffee you have a choice of Maxwell House, Chase & Sanborn, Bokar, Yuban, Eight O'Clock, S. S. Pierce, Savarin, Sanka, or Kaffee Hag. (Or if you west coast people insist, MJB, Hills Bros. and Folger's.)

Kaffee Hag, mmm...

4500d795db.jpg

I don't know about you, but to me it's not real coffee unless it has that piquant overtone of dead snake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy