Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 50 wearing leather jackets

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
978816F7-71F0-4184-86A8-116CA6CDA264.jpeg
8AA1BA2D-FCBA-42AA-972D-8267D7D102CF.jpeg
73E050FF-53F9-48E0-8F1A-17F2DCCAED09.jpeg
37E83A4B-74A1-45A1-9C39-FC0CB1B81848.png
Right on brother! Where is the Windward?
Oops..thought i put one in there. Didn’t want to OD the post plus the Windward deserves it’s own place.
Original Windward and original Old Guy.
B

diabel

Familiar Face
This has been bouncing around on another jacket forum for awhile...
I guess its time I switch to a tweed blazer

I have actually challenged her husband to a leather jacket duel to defend honor of the over 50 members (I’m 60) of fedoralounge and provided the link to this discussion thread. It will be an easy win once I get my leather jacket from Goodwear.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Was out for our usual Saturday AM Harley ride today with all the "old boys".
Today was the goatskin Simmons Bilt J100 café racer as it was 14C to start off and 28C on the way home.
Photo taken at our "Guinness" stop at a biker friendly pub on the Indian Ocean.
The Guinness picture my poor attempt at an "art" shot...
Pic taken from our balcony "viewing platform". The mass of bikes and trikes across the road are ours.
SPOILER ALERT same photo(s) used in other threads !

Guinness coastal shot.jpg

Simmons Bilt J100 Occtober 24th.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This has been bouncing around on another jacket forum for awhile...
I guess its time I switch to a tweed blazer

of all those self appointed style gurus these two are the worst, and the husband she uses as example is so fake looking everything she puts on him to wear looks like a costume on him, can't even pull off a basic denim jacket and briton shirt to look believable.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Good to see you, @AbbaDatDeHat ! Those two rock!
Thank you Monitor. I hope all is well.
It is finally time to actually wear some leathers around here.
B
Everything in this picture exudes coolness and attitude; that jacket and the way it fits you might be one of my all time favourites of the TFL. Nice work!
That is certainly very high praise @Fonzie considering such stellar examples across the board around here. I appreciate it. Thank you.
But i will give praise to the old Windward for style, construction and especially hide.
I was very fortunate to take stewardship of it from @tmitchell59 who rated it very high on “The Mitchell Scale”. Still can’t believe he let it go. Thanks Terry.
If a jacket ever could be hung and viewed as art, the back panel hide of this one is like looking at a Picasso.
B

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Thank you.
But i will give praise to the old Windward for style, construction and especially hide.
I was very fortunate to take stewardship of it from @tmitchell59 who rated it very high on “The Mitchell Scale”. Still can’t believe he let it go. Thanks Terry.
If a jacket ever could be hung and viewed as art, the back panel hide of this one is like looking at a Picasso.

That Classic Windward remains the finest example I have seen. A few have come up, but not in this condition. Other labels, J.C.Penney, Alden have made similar styled jackets, but the Windward branded jackets are the best.

All of the Windward I've seen had high quality leather, some were just well worn. These are special jackets. This is probably the nicest vintage jacket I have sold. I have yet to find one in my size in this condtion.

You wear it well.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I'm dreaming of this dark navy colored hat shown on the last photo of this series, would buy it in a second!
And yes, that's a very nice Windward indeed!
Thank you Leb. I see you have a good hat eye too!
That’s a 50-60s Borsalino and a favorite of mine.
I’d be happy to track something down for you if you tell me your size.
There’s a “My blue heaven” thread in case you want to see some more.
Thanks again.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner