Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 50 wearing leather jackets

Fatboab

New in Town
Who’s the Grandaddy? Living in Scotland means you can wear a jacket all year.

Attachments

• 9A9F1AA4-E850-4065-868E-ED5650305306.jpeg
    9A9F1AA4-E850-4065-868E-ED5650305306.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • A0A7C0D4-3FD9-4459-A711-B89EE8F5BB05.jpeg
    A0A7C0D4-3FD9-4459-A711-B89EE8F5BB05.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The first brown sports jacket is awsome, dont know what it is but i dig it, be well brother!
Looking back through this tread i see i forgot to answer you. I think i got lost when Downunder G Man took over and made the thread his daily ride thread. Thank heavens that guy’s long gone!
Anyway...the brown jacket is one of my pride and joy jackets and very special.
It is a one off Aero half belt from a trial hide Aero was thinking of using but was to costly. Antique Steer it was called. The plaid wool lining was the last of a roll from a closing mill and one off as well.
Aero offered it to or built it for @HoosierDaddy who graciously sold it to me much to the chagrin of several members here. Arggh
I am very grateful to HoosierDaddy for it. It is a keeper for life and amazing hide.
Thanks
Bowen

Ps: @HoosierDaddy get well.
B

Pandemic

One Too Many
I love this thread. It continues to inspire and challenge my preconceptions.

I used to think that there were ‘younger’ (eg x-zip) and ‘older’ (flight) people styles of jackets and that it was harder for us old folks to wear the younger people styles.

I’ve come around to a new perspective- that some styles suit certain body types better. A cafe racer doesn’t work after some middle aged spread, for example.

But most importantly, an old guy in an old looking jacket can never go wrong. We all assume it has been worn hard in his youth and is full of stories of adventure. The only think that can look incongruous or odd is an old guy in a shiny new jacket.

So I am responded to west my new jackets around the house as much as possible until winter arrives here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner