Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxblood Hats...

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Oxblood appears to be a slightly less common color compared to gray and black. Could you guys post some pictures of your Oxblood colored hats? In my opinion, it really is underrated.

Thanks,
flute

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's one for you. I bet there's a few more too.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Underrated... and hard to photograph! :p

Here's a Stratoliner and a private labeled Dobbs Twenty with Guild Edge. The Dobbs (labeled for Goldsmith's Men's Store, Memphis) is for sale in the Classifieds... ;)

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I see what you mean... Very hard to photograph! That Stratoliner almost looks green. Is the Dobbs a 1/8? Not seeing it in the Classifieds...

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
I think I have the larger mate to Gene's. Mine is a Dobbs Twenty (labeled as such) Guild Edge also in oxblood. It is tough to photograph; it's NOT brown. I found this at a salvage store...it's a 7 5/8, late '40s/early '50s I think from the sewn-in liner and logo. I've put spacers in it so I can wear it on my 7 1/4 LO melon. Such a neat hat I couldn't pass it up. Wish I could find someone with one in my size so I could trade 'em.

Dobbs20.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That's the tough thing about photographing red colored anything. Red absorbs light & thus takes on a different hue or color altogether. Even the one Johnny Depp wore in "Public Enemy" looked either black or very dark brown in most photographs & it was an oxblood.

Cheers!

Dan

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
That's the tough thing about photographing red colored anything. Red absorbs light & thus takes on a different hue or color altogether. Even the one Johnny Depp wore in "Public Enemy" looked either black or very dark brown in most photographs & it was an oxblood.

Cheers!

Dan

I've never thought about it on such scientific terms before... And I don't think I want to--it makes my brain hurt! lol

I do like the Johnny Depp/Dillinger hat. Optimo makes a very stylish oxblood. And I didn't think they made oxblood Stratoliners. Very nice, Gene.

flute

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Another thread to crow about my new Disney in!!

This makes four - ebay/new hats/Disney diner, and now this one.

Disney Fifteen - darker, deeper reddish brown than these photos suggest:

4457660335_874e685aff.jpg

4457660677_8ecb11d946.jpg

This is pretty close to the color, but still not quite "maroon' enough:

4457896979_3c6e99f286.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
fluteplayer07 said:
Salty--You're doing really well on eBay! Are Scott and Lefty giving you tips behind my back? :eek: lol

Nice hat.

flute

Thanks, flute - it's just dumb luck, and everyone else trying for the next Whippet lol

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Interesting. The only one that looks like oxblood, as I 'know' the color, is Bob's. Gene's very well could be, but the green trim throws off the eye. But 'Google images' shows examples that look closer to the one below, so I surrender:

CavSideUnB.jpg

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
ScottF said:
Here is one I sold not long ago to a lounger, that I considered oxblood. If it's not, fortunately at least the pictures showed it's true color (whatever that might be):

Oxblood Bee fedora sold on ebay

I was the lucky winner of ScottF auction for the oxblood hat. :D I think it is a great little hat and the color is great even though it may not be oxblood.:eek: I will let the more experienced indicate if this is indeed oxblood or not. Here are some pictures of the hat in question.

DSCF5062.jpg

DSCF5060.jpg

DSCF5063.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It looks Oxblood in this pic Tom.
I'm afraid we can't go by the Optimo Oxblood as that one really isn't traditional Oxblood. I was able to see it over the weekend and I would call it black cherry if I were doing the naming. Great color but not Oxblood.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Art Fawcett said:
It looks Oxblood in this pic Tom.
I'm afraid we can't go by the Optimo Oxblood as that one really isn't traditional Oxblood. I was able to see it over the weekend and I would call it black cherry if I were doing the naming. Great color but not Oxblood.

Thank you so much for the conformation on the color Art.:D I was very happy with the color before you confirmation. NOW I am really happy about the hat:D Now we need a VS Oxblood Fedora and I am first in line for that!:eek:

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Tom-n-Perris said:
Thank you so much for the conformation on the color Art.:D I was very happy with the color before you confirmation. NOW I am really happy about the hat:D Now we need a VS Oxblood Fedora and I am first in line for that!:eek:

Pretty solid rumour that this is imminent.;) . You may be too late to be first in line.:)

buler

I'll Lock Up
Tom-n-Perris said:

The line has probably already formed.... we were introduced to the VS Oxblood in Monteagle. Here of some inside and outside pics of it.

B

oxblood_1.jpg

oxblood_2.jpg

oxblood_3.jpg

oxblood_4.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Arts oxblood is stunning and I'm excited to see what he does with it. I will be waiting on the front porch when mine arrives sometime in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou