Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

amador

A-List Customer
Of Course I wear a Straw Hat when it's hot and sunny. I just sit around and pose to cool off.

6332435653_c8e8059091_z.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Here's my PB Optimo Montecristi finished by Tom Gomez you refered to.

He handsews all his sweats in the hats he finishes. Beautiful work !

Very Nice hat you have there.... My Montecristi is at Tom's right now.....

Yes, he handsews so the needle doesn't poke holes in the straw, awesome work......

If you haven't tried one of his sheepskin sweatbands you are in for a treat.........

Try it on the next hat you get from him, you will like it......

amador

A-List Customer
Thank you MP. It is a Stefeno, bought at Byrnie Utz, Seattle. I was at the photographers for an official photo shoot, clinic coat and stethoscope, professional. The photographer noted my hat and my vanity and flattered me into this photo.

SoulmanRKC

Familiar Face
Where's the best place to get a Panama? I have a large head 7 5/8, 61 cm..I was thinking Panama Bob and Art to finish? Or is it worth it to spend the money and go Optimo in Chicago?

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I agree 100%. I now have 2 PB Panama's finished by Tom Gomez. Here's a link to some examples of his work.

http://gallery.me.com/sgomez2#100035

He does not have a website but here's his phone # out in California: 951-201-8450. Give him a call, he's great to speak with and does FANTASTIC work !

No website yet but Tom has new feature, Video Teleconferencing.. He has just finished a Montecristi for me and we did our last conference last night to show me the finished project and make sure it meets with my approval before shipping..

it is a new experience and much fun for me. You get to see your hat right there in front of you and I was able to pick out the block I wanted from his selection, also Tom was able to show me my hat with whatever color ribbon I was interested in so the selection was made right on line. Not to mention he is great to talk to ....

It makes the waiting quite a bit easier to be able to see your hat in the process of being made.

Should you decide to try that all you need is a computer with a webcam, Give him a call to set it up ..

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depends on the block you want - Art has the most wonderful vintage "Optimo" block with that beautiful sharp crease line. The one that Optimo hat co uses is more of a thick bump and never really looked like a vintage "optimo" blocked panama should [huh]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy