Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you check out Panama Bobs website he has a more cowboy styles available. One I remember seeing was a cuenca called Sweetwater. If you send him an email he can probably guide you as to what to get.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Woo Hoo!

I had a wonderful conversation with Mr. Fawcett today - and my Panama is going on the block! I ordered a SuperFino from PanamaBob, and Art says it's a beauty - Bob even got the weaver to initial the inside for me. Just in time for the warm weather! I'll get pictures up as soon as it arrives.

malacoda - after seeing your hat, I am all the more eager to get mine. The weaving, blocking and ribbon-work are beautiful. Congratulations on a spectacular hat.

C-C

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
hand_the_hatter.jpg

Now THAT is a fantastic look, sir.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
It doesn't compare with the fine lids in this thread, but it's my first panama. It's a Christys from the Hat Shop in York. I've finally been able to wear it after a week of rain and cold.

DSC06188.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Too damaged to wear, too cool to have passed up. Finally good pics of the wider brimmed NRA tagged Stetson montecristi, and its older, narrower Stetson cousin.
The coin is a standard dime-size, to give a sense of scale.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DRB

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got a Stetson in Optimo style just like that, my hatman said it is from the 20s. I don't know when that one was made, but it's great. Mine's a little brittle--fell off a table and grabbing it in mid-air, I tore the brim about half an inch. But they sure don't make 'em like they used to.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
A long overdue purchase, especially considering the recent, very warm weather. Wide brim Panama, not vintage, but from one of the oldest hatters around, Lock & Co. London.

Panama001.jpg

Panama002.jpg

Panama003.jpg

Danny O

Reactions: DRB
Thank you... always wanted to use OMG in a post. I touched a rollerball pen point to the under brim of my 7XCB western in a meeting and the little dot almost made me scream out loud.

Great lookin' Montebeater after all is said and done... wear it with smiles.

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
Ballpoint inks are very fugitive, some notoriously so, but a lot of the better fountain pen inks are more persistent when in contact with vegetable fibres (an anti-forgery measure, especially used in black inks) - I suspect this is why so much of the Mont Blanc ink remains on WineGuy's gorgeous panama. Just be glad you didn't squirt it with Noodler's Bullerproof Black!

WineGuy - have you considered asking PanamaBob to get that section of the brim re-woven? I don't know if it feasible for such a large area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran