Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

klmonline

New in Town
Has anybody heard from Panama Bob lately? I did a search on the forum and don't see a post since May 2012. I tried to email to his direct business email and got a bounce-back saying his inbox was full. I used the contact form on his commercial website and haven't seen a reply (although it has only been a few days, it seems unusual based on mentions of his responsiveness I have seen from others).

I am interested in making a purchase from him, but want to ask some questions first. Has anybody else had more recent communications?

Thanks,
--Ken

(PS: I'm a brand new member. I posted this as its own thread under "Hats" but someone suggested I should post it here instead. I hope I don't get into trouble for cross-posting the same message. Mods, have mercy on me. I'm not trying to spam the boards!)

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Has anybody heard from Panama Bob lately? I did a search on the forum and don't see a post since May 2012. I tried to email to his direct business email and got a bounce-back saying his inbox was full. I used the contact form on his commercial website and haven't seen a reply (although it has only been a few days, it seems unusual based on mentions of his responsiveness I have seen from others).

I am interested in making a purchase from him, but want to ask some questions first. Has anybody else had more recent communications?

Thanks,
--Ken

(PS: I'm a brand new member. I posted this as its own thread under "Hats" but someone suggested I should post it here instead. I hope I don't get into trouble for cross-posting the same message. Mods, have mercy on me. I'm not trying to spam the boards!)

Hi again,I just punched it up and it came up right away..panama.com phone 260-750-8489 hope this helps.

mrwilmoth

Familiar Face
KGrHqNHJDME91Hu11BPpQviWul60_58_zps76e8efbb.jpg

I just picked up a budget Caballero Brisa from Panama Bob off eBay! Nice hat for the money, it is my first fedora style hat and now I have to have a couple more! a VS from Art Fawcett is in my future!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Rightious mrwilmoth of few posts! You are on the path to financial ruin but fedora satisfaction. Glad you have your priorities straight! You have lurked well and learned much. Have I mentioned I like your handle mrwilmoth?

I have a similar Caballero from PB and with the addition of a nice leather sweatband and custom ribbon wears well above it's price point. Enjoy!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, its that time of year again - set the clocks tomorrow and its straw time!

Maurice L Rothschild panama with the classic optimo crown

IMG_1254_zps11fd9144.jpg

IMG_1255_zps5ac9aeef.jpg

IMG_1256_zpsaf32800d.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The latest arrival, from Optimo.

IMG_4828_zpse828d865.jpg

IMG_4829_zps14217eb8.jpg

IMG_4843_zps6ee594e9.jpg

IMG_4845_zps35754778.jpg

IMG_4846_zpsb8f8077e.jpg

IMG_4848_zps5b7b2814.jpg

IMG_4851_zpsc9c12b85.jpg

IMG_4854_zps3e0fe4cf.jpg

Sadly on the first day of Spring, it is still snowing where I live, so it could be quite a while until I'm able to wear it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking Panama fluteplayer!!! Really nice!!! I like that!!!!....I'm wearing my Bogart Panama from Cappas, woven in Equador and manufactured in the U.S.A....not a bad budget starter for just under a $100 at Holland Hats...(although I've seen this very same hat priced over a $100 at other places)...

arealsunnybeachretouche.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
IF you get Monte Cristo in your Castle, you will be imprisoned by your new obsession

The latest arrival, from Optimo.

IMG_4828_zpse828d865.jpg

IMG_4829_zps14217eb8.jpg

IMG_4843_zps6ee594e9.jpg

IMG_4845_zps35754778.jpg

IMG_4846_zpsb8f8077e.jpg

IMG_4848_zps5b7b2814.jpg

IMG_4851_zpsc9c12b85.jpg

IMG_4854_zps3e0fe4cf.jpg

Sadly on the first day of Spring, it is still snowing where I live, so it could be quite a while until I'm able to wear it.

Beautiful Montecristi fino, congratulations!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24