Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Here are some beauties that Art Fawcett of VS Custom Hats blocked and finished, one pair of hands from start to finish. They are both about 1000 weave count. Enjoy the beauty!

art200908.jpg

art200902.jpg

art200903.jpg

art200904.jpg

art200905.jpg

art200906.jpg

Neil

A-List Customer
Yesssss. . . .

I have a couple of Panamas on the way, that level of quality, or close to it. Just in time for summer. Thinking one black ribbon, one navy blue.
It's going to be a snappy summer.

Milsurp

New in Town
Summer is coming - how about another panama hat thread???

I've been in the drawing for a free panama hat from panama hats direct for a year now. I think it's obvious my name will only get drawn after I buy one. :D

Is panama-hats-direct still a good place to deal with? I think I'll get just the plain old bottom of the line "cuenca," just something to keep the sun off me.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Panama Bob Cuenca Hats

I have bought two inexpensive cuencas from Bob. You can't beat the price and the hats are a good value. Of course, they are not of the quality of the montecristis, but on the other hand, Bob will happily sell you a montecristi for ten times the cuenca price.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Tell the truth... You can buy a Montecristi hat for less than 3 times the lowest Cuenca. The lowest Cuenca on the website is (was really because I'm still redoing the Cuenca page) $29.00. Lowest Montecristi is $70. Please, don't lump me in with Casey at direct.

Milsurp

New in Town
Panamabob said:
Tell the truth... You can buy a Montecristi hat for less than 3 times the lowest Cuenca. The lowest Cuenca on the website is (was really because I'm still redoing the Cuenca page) $29.00. Lowest Montecristi is $70. Please, don't lump me in with Casey at direct.

Thanks, I just sent you an email. I sent it to panamaecuador@yahoo.com, I am jcwellma@purdue.edu.

[devil's advocate]So why should I buy from you instead of panama-hats-direct?[/devil's advocate]

Thanks! :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Milsurp said:
[devil's advocate]So why should I buy from you instead of panama-hats-direct?[/devil's advocate]

Thanks! :D

Please search the threads. We encourage reviving old ones rather than starting new here. You'll find plenty of reasons to buy from PanamaBob. See especially the posts of the member named Sharpetoys, who is/was our resident Panama Hat connoisseur, with a large and amazing collection.

I miss Sharpey!

Milsurp

New in Town
scotrace said:
Please search the threads. We encourage reviving old ones rather than starting new here. You'll find plenty of reasons to buy from PanamaBob. See especially the posts of the member named Sharpetoys, who is/was our resident Panama Hat connoisseur, with a large and amazing collection.

I miss Sharpey!

My apologies. I'll try to search more before I start a new thread. I read a few of the older threads and I'm sold on Bob from reading people's comments! I just wanted to hear why one over the other and give Bob a chance to extol the virtues of his products and service. I'm sorry if that's not appropriate.

It's difficult to communicate tone with only text. Sometimes smilies don't even cut it. :D

Feel free to delete/move/merge this thread, my questions are already answered.

Thanks guys! ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Oh my - I didn't intend to sound scolding - not at all. No harm no foul. We'll be seeing a lot of questions about straw hats as the weather warms, and this was a good opportunity to point out to readers that there is a lot of information to be found here, and what to look for.

All good.

In fact, use the search feature, and narrow your search to posts by sharpetoys, and look in titles only, for the word.

montecristi

Inkstains

New in Town
One thing...

Here is my experience: You buy a mid-range Montechristi hat from Robert (PanamaBob) and you end up up with a treasure. So you go back to get a beach beater and you end up with another gem. Hard to fault a guy for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou