Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

panama hats direct?

sparks

New in Town
has anyone 'won' the monthly hat before?
or what have you bought from this site and what are your reccomendations??

ty

wk

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
I have occasionally entered but have not won anything; their entry and selection process seems a little weird. As for their hats, they are typically Cuencas, which isn't bad if thats what your looking for. As far as I can tell they come rolled up in a box and you have to shape them yourself with the use of steam or an iron. I would recommend going with www.panamas.biz Robert(the owner) is a good guy to work with and he is a frequent forum poster. His hats come directly from Ecuador, but his come blocked and shaped with minimal to no work required on your end. He also offers Cuencas as well as Montecristis so you have a good variety with him, as well as a good variety of shapes. Email him and he can walk your through selecting something, also check his ebay page for good deals. I bought 1 Montecristi and 1 Cuenca from him, if this is a hat to wear out spend a little more and get a Montecristi, you won't regret it.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I have bought a from him in the past......

If you compared Panama Bob's hats to Panama Direct....

Same prices for both hats, you will get a much better hat from Robert.

I have been there and done that......

Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart