Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paradox Bella wedding shoes or other suggestions?

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I am pretty desperate to get some shoes for my wedding dress - modern 30's inspired style, made of ivory silk satin. A bit like this:
http://patrimoine.jalougallery.com/lofficiel-de-la-mode-numero_182-1936-detail-13-176.html page 70.
I decided to go for silver shoes for a contrast and seen these in my size, I think they look sort of vintagey (shame the heel is not chunkier).
49765fafc3799f9f2c2941a6b8b3.jpg

Has anybody bought these? How is the sizing: true to size/small/big? Also is the silver light or dark? I also have to match them to a bag that I have, and I need to keep the silver rather light.

If giving other suggestions please bear in mind I need to keep my heel covered (I step on the inside of shoes and slingbacks look funny at the back).
I am also thinking maybe some dance shoes would be ideal - especially since I intend to do a lot of dancing at the wedding - but I am having trouble in finding something nice enough: the right mix of support/ comfort while being still high & sexy & pretty. Might want the impossible here...:(

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Note to Bartender: please feel free to move this to the powder room if you feel it belongs there,. Wasn't sure what was the best place to start this thread.

Dance shoes wise, there are these from Capezio, which I don't particularly like, especially the very open toe.
198-1224680609.jpg

Or gogodance shoes, which again i can't say I like...:(
GO4173.png

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Or these by Freed, again with the dreaded very open toe
FR_TARAFCL_1.jpg

I need the shoes to be light and appropriate for warm weather, but don't like to have all of my toes on display, I just don't like it - i like better a cage type shoe.
And what about wearing closed toe tights with open toe, isn't that just weird?

These by Estelle I kinda like a bit better, but probably not enough...
S1001-Silver-Scale-&-Silver.jpg

Thre is one review about them on the site - http://danceshoes2u.com - and is not a good one...

I like something along this line
6d82_1.JPG

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Yes I saw those Medvssa and I do like them, I just think they are too low for what I want, they also look like I might be quite hot in them if it is warm, and it is likely to be so.
Thinking more about it, they have a 6 cm heel which is not that low, the shoes on which I normally dance have that height. Hmm, I just don't know...Aren't they more day wear than evening/party wear though?

crazydaisy

Practically Family
in a better life :( it would have been something like this:
leila_zoom.jpg

alas emmys are far out of my price range...

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
A heel so high doesn't look too 30's to me, especially if it is thin, doesn't seem at all period, in my opinion [huh] Those I linked I was gonna buy them in golden, but I didn't because I thought they looked too evening wear and I wanted them for day wear lol

In any case, if you are gonna dance a lot, are you sure you want a thin and high heel?

crazydaisy

Practically Family
you definitely make a point, both about the thin heel not looking vintage and about the comfort side of things...i guess i am just scared of how my foot looks in certain shoes, especially if we are talking ankle strap, as I don't have the thinnest ankles out there...so i am trying to compensate by thinking height.:(

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I actually made a resolution of avoiding ankle strap and stopped myself buying very pretty shoes because of that...
this is why:
3503856601_a405d85008.jpg

and I have these shoes in red too :eek:

but then of course what could be more vintage than a t bar...

the ones that I first posted and that I am tempted to buy are 8cm high (3 inches), don't think that's over the top, even if we are talking vintage, but the heel is thinner than I would like, got to admit that; the ones you posted from Office, although they look lower in the photo, are 6cm; I wish i could check them out in person, but where i live there isn't an Office.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I think your ankles are perfectly fine :p

You don't have any shop relatively close that you might go to?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss 1929 posted a link to Tara Tango Shoes in another thread, I think they have some very beautiful formal/dancing shoes. Do you like any of those? What about these, even though they are not all silver? They do not have ankle straps.

I also think your ankles look perfectly normal, honestly. Ankle straps are always a little shortening, it makes one's legs look shorter, but I suppose your dress is long anyway? So I don't see anything wrong with an ankle strap for that occasion, and it gives a very 30's look. Of course you can chose a different type of closure as well, and still have it look very 30's, I'm just saying that I think you can pull of an ankle strap too, especially with a long dress.

And I agree on the too open toe, eeew! lol

I also think that the Office shoes Medvssa posted are very evening-wear, no need to feel that they are too informal.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I also just remembered these Oh Deer! Jamocha shoes that I coveted a few years ago. I don't know if they suit your purpose or not, but take a look, I thought they were nice. The heel could definitely have a nicer shape, but the very deco-esque pattern of the T-strap is beautiful.

51%2BZgtRoHqL._AA280_.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I like some of the Tara Tango shoes, particularly the Corazon style, which definetely looks very vintage, but doesn't come in silver, only black and wine.

As for the Jamocha ones, gosh you're really tempting me here! :) I do like those, yummy...Think the silver/gold mix is also what I might need AND I can get them in my size in the sale...This is too much! Starting to gasp for air here! lol But - there is a but - there's a 4inch heel there and customers writing the reviews say you do actual feel it! Not for shrinking violets...
This is whre those Paradox shoes were coming just right, at a reasonable 3 inch which I find is a good compromise.
Hmm, what shall I do?!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
My Vintage Sole

I think the Paradox Bella shoes sound like a good option for you, it's understandable you don't want anything that's too high.

Another suggestion: Mojito had some wonderful shoes made at My Vintage Sole, see this post. The price is very reasonable for a pair of custom made shoes. You can have her make them just as you want them, down to the heel height and shape, if you just like one of the standard models. I think she is also open to make changes to the standard models if you just email her.

I myself think that the Charleston model is a nice classic shape, and the platforms are nice too, though I don't know if you like that and if it's suitable. Some of the 50's models seem like you'd like them too - perhaps the Jorja or Heidi model?

crazydaisy

Practically Family
thank you Laura Chase, you have been very helpful! :)

...now only if i could get those Jamocha shoes out of my mind...lol

texasgirl

One Too Many
I really like the Office ones that Medvssa posted. I wouldn't go too high unless you're used to it- you'll probably be on your feet all day.

Also, have you held silver up against the ivory of your dress? I was planning silver, but ended up going with gold because it looked a lot prettier next to the ivory- just a thought.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
:) yeah, it could be that the answer is so simple it completely eludes me! I am known for both overcomplicating my existence and refusing to accept the evidence...
I think the ones Medvussa posted are the most vintage looking ones, but they just don't grab me in the photo as I feel they are a bit heavy for weddingwear ?! but then I tend to feel this way in general about certain authentic period shoes,while admiring oufits in photos or films can't help sometimes but feel the shoe was rather on not so delicate side and somehow contrating with the finess of the dress...[huh] but that's just me.

As for gold/silver issue, texasgirl, I know where you are coming from, but something completeley gold would be wrong in the same way somehing dark silver would be - I need to keep it in between, get a warm goldie silver if you want, or get a combination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy