Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Newman's Car & Auto pistol in Road to Perdition

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many

if i remember correctly he cocks the hammer or racks the slide a couple of times throughout...you would think an experienced hitter like Sullivan would carry C&L but that's hollywood for ya'...

still bugs the hell outta me...

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Sam...the reason I asked is because the slide looks a little tapered in a few shots, like a Browning...but, I can never get a clear screencap of it...I know Connor's auto (in the wife/kid murder scene) is a 1911; there's a good closeup of it in that part of the film...
Rob

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Bingo! Production still....:)
rtp2.jpg

Rob

vintage68

Practically Family
Yeah, the pistol is a Colt 1911.

You can find the hat he's wearing by doing a search on this site. Someone started a post about the hat and the hat maker a while back. He might be a vendor here.

up196

A-List Customer
A 1911 style, but could be any of three pistols.

Ghostsoldier said:
Bingo! Production still....:)
rtp2.jpg

Rob
Well, seven actually, if you consider manufacturers and design refinements, would have been possibilities for Mike Sullivan to carry.

It could be a Model of 1911 US Army (Made by Colt's, Springfield Armory or Remington UMC), a Model of 1911 US Navy (Colt's manufacture) or a Colt's Government Model, which was the commercial version of the military 1911 pistols.

Since the movie takes place in the '30s, there is also the slim possibility of a post-1924 manufactured Colt's Model of 1911 US Army (one of the 10,000 so called "Transitional Models") or, more likely, a Government Model with the corresponding changes (short trigger, arched mainspring housing and finger clearance cuts in the frame), so that actually makes seven. The gun Connor uses has the frame cuts of the post 1924 pistols.

Very hard to tell from screen grabs what is actually used on screen. I looked at the DVD but can't make out how the writing on the slide is configured on the Sulivan pistol, but it is a 1911 style pistol.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Paul Newman's Car In Road To Perdition

Does anyone know the make of Paul Newman's car in Road To Perdition? Its the one in the scene where Newman and his thugs are coming out of the meeting and its raining.
Here's a picture for now. I'm going to try and get some screen shots soon.
3150033557_f873f42f5b.jpg

up196

A-List Customer
Pierce-Arrow

It's a Pierce-Arrow, a 1931 model, I believe. The tip is the way the headlights are mounted on the fenders, a characteristic of Pierce-Arrows of the time.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, guys, for the info...I've always wondered if Craig's pistol was the same prop used by Hanks...

vlcsnap-117834.jpg

Hey J.J....that's my favorite scene in the movie...where did you get the image of that awesome painting?

Speaking of cars...is Hank's car a '31 Buick?

Rob

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Ghostsoldier said:
Hey J.J....that's my favorite scene in the movie...where did you get the image of that awesome painting?

Speaking of cars...is Hank's car a '31 Buick?

Rob
Ghostsoldier, I found it on google under Road to Perdition Newman Car, 3rd page. I'm pretty sure Hanks is a '30 Buick.

Norumbega

One of the Regulars
Hmmmm, hold on not so fast boys. That looks more like .45 Palmolive-Gold similar to the one Dillinger carved to break out. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk