Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pendelton western blazer ????

msm007

One of the Regulars
Hi, anyone know anything about the pendelton western blazer with suede leather on shoulders and elbows? I was wondering how they came about and when. Pendelton does not seem not make them anymore and the nearest I can see they were last made in the 70s. Any help is appreciated.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I had one in the mid-1980's. Half belt back, suede on the elbows, in Tweed though. I had a 42L, but I'm pretty sure it's gone now.

Mike

Fifty150

One Too Many
Although Pendleton tries to maintain their quality by ensuring that their woolen fabrics meet a certain standard, and that their production uses good thread and reasonable stitch count, their styles are driven by fashion. There are slight changes every season, and certain products are rotated out so that new cuts and styles can be added. A few styles are standards, like their board shirt. But even that has seen changes. They are now selling shirts that are slim fitting, narrow in the shoulders, and have longer arms. Great if you are tall and slim. Not so great if you are more ruggedly built, and not so tall.

Either wait for them to bring back what you want, and maybe call them and suggest it. Or buy vintage. Even Pendleton shirts found at Goodwill can be in excellent condition. These shirts are very hard to wear out.

msm007

One of the Regulars
Hi, I do have two of their suit coats with the patches that I bought vintage. I really like them for both style and quality. I have some Harris Tweeds and these Pendleton' s seem to have the same quality wool. I was just wondering when they first started making them and maybe why the use of the leather on tweed.

BenchLoom

New in Town
We've started to carry some of the items from the Pendleton lines on BenchandLoom.com and I have not seen any of what you described. I think you'll have to try eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails