Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman stingy brim fedora

steppenwolph

Familiar Face
bendingoak said:
Here's a stingy brim hat that I made for my sisters kid as a X-MAS gift. I made it after a hat that his grandfather ( my step father) used to wear. It was really hard to make this one because I had to go off of a small out of focused photo. I call all my non-Indy hats after people that has passed that I cared about. This one will be called "the Eddie" after him.

It's pure beaver
4 1/2 creased crown with a 2 1/2 brim
1 1/2 inch black ribbon

Please, let me know what you guys and dolls think.

IMG_0447.jpg

Beautiful hat. Can't wait to order one.

bendingoak

Vendor
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have reworked this hat to be closer to what my sisters father wore. When she saw the pic she was very happy.

IMG_0547.jpg

I will be calling this "the Eddie" after my step farther.

The specs are....
crown 5''
brim 1 3/4''
Ribbon 1 1/2"

Since so many people seemed to like the first version of this hat.......

IMG_0447.jpg

I will be naming it "the Eno" after my good friend who passed almost 15 years ago.

The specs on this one ounce again are.....

crown 5 1/2''
Brim 2 1/2''
ribbon 1 1/2''

I hope you like them. thanks for looking.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Nice looking hats:eusa_clap Are the 5" and 5 1/2" crown heights referring to the open crown? That 'Eddie' is a real snazzy departure from the typical Indy hat. I like the looks of that one.

BlindeMan

Familiar Face
I can't wait to get out of the Glass City and back to Oregon, what with artists such as yourself and Art Fawcett in the area. Now all I need is dinero...

Bendingoak, what colors do you have for your hat bodies, ribbon, etc.?

Take care

bendingoak

Vendor
handlebar bart said:
Nice looking hats:eusa_clap Are the 5" and 5 1/2" crown heights referring to the open crown? That 'Eddie' is a real snazzy departure from the typical Indy hat. I like the looks of that one.

Yes, they are open crown specs.

I have several color felt and I have a few ribbons to choose from and I can get a bunch more if needed. Pm me if you would like more information. I don't want to jam up the thread with pics of colors of felt and ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou