Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Pennies from Heaven" - the 1981 movie

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:

Incredibly authentic sets, costuming, choreography, music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6OBz1k4Tc4&mode=related&search=

I agree! Fantastic movie, top music and Bernadette Peters is perfect for her role. That's one of the best 'new' musicals depicting the era. :eusa_clap

I have looked high and low for that song in its original version and can't find it anywhere its driving me crazy.

I saw the movie shortly after it came out...and thought it was great! I,too,am a big Steve Martin Fan. Not as a dramatical actor,however..or semi-comical father figure. The Jerk...Pennies From Heaven...etc...and the guy is great! After I saw Pennies From Heaven....and acclaimed it as a great movie...I was surprised that so few had actually seen it. Martin and Peters at their best!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
HoosierDaddy said:
After I saw Pennies From Heaven....and acclaimed it as a great movie...I was surprised that so few had actually seen it. Martin and Peters at their best!

Yes HoosierDaddy, I have noticed that too, so few people :( I really don't understand! But never mind, it's a GREAT movie all the same and the music is the BEST! :D :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner