Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perms.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks Antje!

Badmamajama, I can't wait to see the pics either!

since faux-bobbing my hair, I liked the short look and I keep cutting my hair. I've noticed much of my wave has fallen out. I'm going to get it re-done and maybe a rod smaller for a tiny bit tighter curl. I used to be able to "scrunch" it into a wave, but not anymore. Oh and I cut bangs as well.. HA HA! When my waves fall out the next day, I usually use a straightening iron and I have a nice bob, but I wanted something different and made side swept bangs. Always messing with the hair...:rolleyes:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
*stamps foot and pouts*
I wanted to do it for you! LOL!
Just kidding... I can't wait to see! Glad you finally went for it and you like it~
Nikki

thebadmamajama said:
I got it done! I think I love it, it just needs to fall a bit from the initial curliness but I don't (think I) regret it! :D

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Are some types of hair better for perming than others? Are some perming solutions better for some types of hair than others? For example, I have fine hair but lots of it - should I go for something specific?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
YES.... as well has as special solutions for various types of colored hair...

I have found Biolage by Matrix perms have always worked well for fine, color treated hair if you want a true to rod size curl, while my absolute favorite perm for all types of color treated, including hilighted hair, is ISO.

Again, your hair MUST be in well enough condidtion/porosity if colored to accept the perm.

Sometimes that's why you get straight peices and such,(some of you mentioned), it is either over-processed or poorly wrapped.

And usually the top section of the hair is more resistant, esp. if it is the longest part of your hair.

If anyone is thinking of getting perm, do read this thread from the beginning! ;)
Laura Chase said:
Are some types of hair better for perming than others? Are some perming solutions better for some types of hair than others? For example, I have fine hair but lots of it - should I go for something specific?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok girls, now THIS is exactly what I had been trying to tell y'all about from the begining of this thread! :eusa_clap
Gorgeous ClaraB!
Nikki

For all those that previously inquired: here, finally, is a picture of my perm. I attempted some semblance of a vintage style but I admit it is a bit of a mess, I am still adjusting to the new texture.
IMG_2272-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Audrey Horne
It's lovely. Is this without any curling or setting?

Yes it is, but it doesn't happen without a bit of work. My hair would curl to the roots if I let the perm do what it wanted to. I find if I get at it with a comb and setting lotion when it is very wet I can pull the top flat and push my usual wave in the front although I usually seem to end up with little kinks towards the back. After I sit under the dryer for a bit I treat the results like pin curls and brush and brush into bigger curls, sometimes unsuccessfully. I owe the entire success of the curl to VO5 conditioning hairdressing, that stuff transforms my frizz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner