Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perry Sportswear A-2 1756

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Just took delivery of a Perry Sportswear A-2 from an eBayer. I purchased it as it belonged to a veteran of the 98th BG(H).

The shoulder patches have been removed. This is not all that surprising since the late veteran, 1st Lt. Cliff Marht, had lived in Arizona and dry climates can be very unkind to leather patches.

The jacket itself is in great structural condition. A little moth damage to the knits and it needs an overall light cleaning.

While I did not expect the size 38 to fit at all since my other WW2 clothing are 40s, a size larger than my modern jackets, the Perry doesn't look too bad - IMO. Just a little close on the chest when zipped. So I took the below photos.

Does anyone remember what the "SP" stamp is? I know I've seen it before, but can't recall.

John

98th-2_zps7d60398b.jpg

98th-4_zpsb49d56c9.jpg

98th-5_zpsf864138b.jpg

98th-3_zpsc12ff938.jpg

98th-1_zpsff061619.jpg

98th-6_zps1a06314f.jpg

And Lt. Marht. 1923 - 1994 R.I.P.

Marht-1_zpse6600691.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Looks like the fit is quite good to me, not to much tunnelling on the cuffs and if you wear it with high waisted trousers then the length looks ok too.
A nice jacket that you can wear.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks quite roomy for a size 38. The 1756 Perry contract dates to June 1944 and the collar is less rounded than on the previous two contracts. Are you intending to condition the leather? Very nice jacket BTW.

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

It is surprisingly roomy for a size 38. It fits like my size 40 B-10.

The jacket's leather is not really dry at all. I will probably just pat the leather down with a damp sponge (distiller water) to remove any surface dirt for now.

If I were to use Eastman's cleaner, the lighter worn areas will darken back to the original shade. But I like the look it as it is.

The most I would do is a single light coat of Pecard's Antique. It did a fine job on my Irvin trousers without altering the color.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points