Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

humanshoes

One Too Many
I took my wife out this afternoon to the new craft brewery just down the street. She was intimidated about wearing her hat for the first time out in public. Entering the pub we walked past the young female server, who looked at my wife and said 'That hat is incredible and you look amazing". So just to let you know my wife got off to a pretty good start as a hat wearer.
I love a good story with a happy ending. I'm glad your lovely wife found the courage to rock that hat in public and that she got positive reinforcement to continue to do so. She looks great in a hat!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Post a few pics for confirmation!

I took my wife out this afternoon to the new craft brewery just down the street. She was intimidated about wearing her hat for the first time out in public. Entering the pub we walked past the young female server, who looked at my wife and said 'That hat is incredible and you look amazing". So just to let you know my wife got off to a pretty good start as a hat wearer.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Just for fun.
Arrow (1).JPG

humanshoes

One Too Many
Greeting fellow loungers. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the good folks here at the Lounge who have ordered custom hats from me and to all the others who have been so supportive of my hat making endeavors. If you have a hat in my queue then it's in this pile of local and internet orders and it will be completed, but I'll freely admit that I'm behind on most everything right now and should retire from my day job to focus on my many other pursuits. In the meantime, I want to sincerely thank you all for your patience and, rest assured, I'll do my very best to make sure your hat is well worth the wait.
IMG_1024.JPG

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Greeting fellow loungers. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to the good folks here at the Lounge who have ordered custom hats from me and to all the others who have been so supportive of my hat making endeavors. If you have a hat in my queue then it's in this pile of local and internet orders and it will be completed, but I'll freely admit that I'm behind on most everything right now and should retire from my day job to focus on my many other pursuits. In the meantime, I want to sincerely thank you all for your patience and, rest assured, I'll do my very best to make sure your hat is well worth the wait.
View attachment 153783

That’s an impressive pile! But your hats are indeed worth the wait. Glad to see you are staying busy!

View attachment 153783

The hat on top looks a lot like a moss green...should I read something into that? :)
I’ll second the sentiment that your work is worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The hat on top looks a lot like a moss green...should I read something into that? :)

I have declared (three hats ago) that I would not be ordering any more BUT each hat I get from Rick is stellar and am able to convince myself into ordering another. I have my "final" order in for an August delivery.

I have declared (three hats ago) that I would not be ordering any more BUT each hat I get from Rick is stellar and am able to convince myself into ordering another. I have my "final" order in for an August delivery.

I think that August hat is going to be something special. I’ve been tempted to get in queue for one but I keep telling myself I should see how you like yours first.

I think that August hat is going to be something special. I’ve been tempted to get in queue for one but I keep telling myself I should see how you like yours first.

The only downside is that I have way too much time to ponder the style and drive Rick crazy with a continually changing mind......I have to refrain from bothering him so he can get his backlog down in size.

humanshoes

One Too Many

Thanks Brent. That is indeed your moss green felt on the top of the pile and it will go to the block next week. Thanks for waiting.

Last edited:

humanshoes

One Too Many
The only downside is that I have way too much time to ponder the style and drive Rick crazy with a continually changing mind......I have to refrain from bothering him so he can get his backlog down in size.
You're really no bother at all belfastboy. Always glad to hear from you. I think that beaver/mink hat is going to be killer if we can make the dimensions work.

humanshoes

One Too Many
I think you're a very smart man to have commissioned a hat for your lovely wife in the process. Your 4 for me and 1 for you ratio is a little lopsided, but, as the old saying goes, "get them involved and they will understand". With your permission, I'm attaching a picture of her in her new black Tonak antelope finish hat. She looks FABULOUS in it and even though it turned out to be a slightly different hat than originally planned I think it suits her to a tee.
E's Hat.jpg

I think you're a very smart man to have commissioned a hat for your lovely wife in the process. Your 4 for me and 1 for you ratio is a little lopsided, but, as the old saying goes, "get them involved and they will understand". I'm attaching a picture of her in her new black Tonak antelope finish hat (with your permission of course). She looks FABULOUS in it and even though it turned out to be a slightly different hat than originally planned I think it suits her to a tee.
View attachment 153809
I posted this sentiment elsewhere.....my wife who luckily is NOT like me is very content with just one hat....."I love it, why would I want or need another?". ....I do not understand that perspective but vive le difference and maybe the reason we have lasted together this long.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That's my problem too, the more time I have the more changes I come up with

Just arrived: Beaver fur felt in Sahara with a 1.5” wide mid-brown ribbon (the color is “Sudan”). Six inch open crown and 2 3/4” narrow bound brim. The felt is the least stiff of any of the Winchester beaver hats I own. It’s also the loosest fitting Phoenix I have, not too loose, but looser than my previous hats (I like the fit a lot).

ca5fd35d1da8386413677a4720c51ae4.jpg

ef3491b2dd3a6a0bfae326b87a37cd9b.jpg

be4508e0ba448318405911852e1ae336.jpg

6c183559499351e1d0703e4d97f35419.jpg

93931561391287f68dd92bb668b50744.jpg

f0bdedcc2becb5b6bc943718374a2088.jpg

a487d4803ac37bc4869e482a5da5c806.jpg

6f2b5d388257e5d2ce85caeafda5eb09.jpg

e1fab0f9ff0e0dd02bb6bbfec87c3a6c.jpg

I would have ordered this color first if I would have known how much I like it.

Here’s something to ponder: Rick told me this hat gave him some trouble. He said he came close to scrapping it and starting over with a new hat body. He said it has flaws. And as usual, he offered a refund or replacement if I didn’t like it. I received the hat yesterday and I’ve spent some time going over it. I don’t know what Rick considers to be “flaws”, but I don’t like this hat, I LOVE it! It’s an incredible hat and I’m grateful for the perfectionist who made it for me. I’m also interested in buying any Phoenix seconds if they become available!

Thank you Rick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24