Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

...We've got howling gales and floods. Folks in the US seem to have appalling snow. Is there anyone having good weather? :eeek:
"Good" is a matter of perspective. Here it's been sunny, and the highs for yesterday and today were 80°F and 79°F respectively. Coming home from Valentine's Day dinner this evening, at 6:30 p.m. it was still 78°F. Sure it sounds nice, but the problem is California is currently experiencing the worst drought in recorded history, so we need colder temperatures and a lot of rain (or, more important, lots of snow in the mountains) right now.

Besides, I have a couple of hats that could use a proper "baptism". :D

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Landed Friday night in Vegas after passing through a severe rainstorm. Yesterday on a fantastic tour to Hoover Dam we got a little rain. Not a lot, but enough to document the fact, that when I finally get to the US, it's starts raining after more than 80 days of dry and hot weather! lol

wet_strato_hoover.jpg

More to come in other threads (hopefully), but the next couple of days are pretty packed with conference sessions (and parties) ;)

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
" Landed Friday night in Vegas after passing through a severe rainstorm. Yesterday on a fantastic tour to Hoover Dam we got a little rain. Not a lot, but enough to document the fact, that when I finally get to the US, it's starts raining after more than 80 days of dry and hot weather! "

I would be careful about taking too much credit for what is going on out west--looks like it is a little bit of too much of a good thing.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I would be careful about taking too much credit for what is going on out west--looks like it is a little bit of too much of a good thing.

Oh, I'm so happy to hear, it's not all my fault! It was actually very nice to get slowly adjusted to the climate of The Desert Southwest. Looks like the temperatures are climbing during the coming days. Everything has been pretty much perfect up until now - and it seems to carry on that way ;)

MCrider

A-List Customer
survive elements 001.jpg

Here's a picture of my Stetson Open Road after the storm we had tonight. It wasn't a gully washer, but it was a nice steady rain. And it's forecasted the same for tomorrow.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Got caught outside again. This time I was wearing my Akubra moonstone Stylemaster.

S5030699.jpg

The water was dripping off the bound edge, but my glasses were free from water drops. Always a bonus!
:)

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Had to cross between buildings today in a downpour today, but as always, my Akubra Fed IV didn't let me down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 269

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Deckard and D Bar J in a downpour. I love the way Deckard's ribbon looks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408462200697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408462200697.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408462218949.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408462218949.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408462239041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408462239041.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 257

DesertDan

One Too Many
Good one Rogera.
My CD has become my bad weather hat too.
Looks like a Fender Rumble (?), I've played through a few of those and they are nice little amps.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a great little amp. A little delicate but sounds awesome. Yeah the Campdraft got it pretty good. It looked worse in person, to me anyway. That thing just keeps taking a licking and keeps on ticking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy