Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

The only appearance of this jacket is in the 1955 Sears catalog. The pocket trim and belt attachment continue on other jackets.

1955 WHITE TRIM.jpg

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
They have. J. Dean model?
JJ dean thats the name of the Chrome Hearts model perfecto. All the hardware is made from hand-carved sterling silver

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.07 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,167
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.13 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,155
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.29 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,244
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.45 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,247
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.33.23 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,270

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JJ dean thats the name of the Chrome Hearts model perfecto. All the hardware is made from hand-carved sterling silver

It might be worthwhile to source the silver pieces separately should you want something like this. I have seen several chorme hearts stores, but their jackets seemed very fashion oriented with uninteresting leather. This one on your pic seems better than what I have had in hand (didn't bother trying them back then)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
wow 5k pebble grain jacket... I hope it is an exotic animal with grain actually looking like that, not just another less than perfect pressed or tumbled horse or cow, I don't knock on pebble grain, I have 2 jacket made from pebble grain cow, they feel soft even when thick... but in my country black pebble grain cowhide is priced $3 per square feet

Last edited:
wow 5k pebble grain jacket... I hope it is an exotic animal with grain actually looking like that, not just another less than perfect pressed or tumbled horse or cow, I don't knock on pebble grain, I have 2 jacket made from pebble grain cow, they feel soft even when thick... but in my country black pebble grain cowhide is priced $3 per square feet

That's a good observation - Does any leather naturally turns out pebbled like that or is it all a lie? They had to come up with the pebbled idea from somewhere, yet I've never seen either a steerhide or a horsehide so uniformly pebbled all over and where the grain is pronounced, it rarely ever looks like that with the texture being larger and... Different. All the embossed jackets I've had were actually very flat and smooth as well at parts where the imprinting machine didn't get to.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's the price of branding... that jacket most likely doesn't cost much to produce

Mich486

One Too Many
The price is high because of the silver jewellery though not the leather right?

If a chrome hearts pendant/ring can set you back $900 I can see how it’s rather easy to reach $5000 quickly.

Personally don’t like the style of that jewellery, it’s like something I don’t know a rockstar who has seen better days would wear or maybe Johnny Depp...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That's a good observation - Does any leather naturally turns out pebbled like that or is it all a lie? They had to come up with the pebbled idea from somewhere, yet I've never seen either a steerhide or a horsehide so uniformly pebbled all over and where the grain is pronounced, it rarely ever looks like that with the texture being larger and... Different. All the embossed jackets I've had were actually very flat and smooth as well at parts where the imprinting machine didn't get to.

I only ever see sheep, goat, and cow, I know its not them, I dunno if other animal might have grain like that in nature, in our language the pattern is called orange peel, so perhaps that was the idea :confused::)
pebble grain when made by tumbling the leather over and over might look more random and more pebbly from new than when pressed or rolled with pebble motif, I guess.

in 2014 I thought cow has grain like that... turned out it doesn't... second biggest lie after santa Claus :mad:

in 2014 I thought cow has grain like that... turned out it doesn't... second biggest lie after santa Claus :mad:

Yeah, I thought that too at some point, same as I believed horsehide is supposed to be flat and uniform all over, which also turned out to be a lie. Neither hide is neither.

dannyk

One Too Many
Yeah, I thought that too at some point, same as I believed horsehide is supposed to be flat and uniform all over, which also turned out to be a lie. Neither hide is neither.
Yup early in my collecting career I had so many misconceptions. Which as it turns out almost all of it comes down to tanning method and top coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk