Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of fit and style that inspired you

barnabus

One Too Many
Let's take it as read that the 'what jacket' thread here is a bit of a yardstick, but beyond that there are some default influences I think. Celebrities get their pictures in the media, and that puts their style in front of your eyes whether you like it or not. And films / movies, which do exactly the same.

You've only got to look at the popularity of the Wolverine jacket you see that that's true.

So, for me, there's a celebrity and there's a movie character. Justin Theroux always seems to know how to rock a cafe racer. And then there's my guilty pleasure, the lairy Belstaff Ryan Reynolds wears in the deleted scenes of Blade 3.

justin-theroux-biker-jacket-900x900.jpg

blade-trinity-hannibal-king-jacket-900x900.jpg

Solo

Familiar Face
I just cannot understand the trend to wear leather jackets up above the belt or barely covering the wrists that many now seem to applaud

I go the other way....I cannot abide sleeves that are too long, it ruins the whole look.

The proof is in the pudding. My very first inspiration to get a leather jacket came from this guy almost 40 years ago. Look at what happened to his style over the last few decades. I would never wear my jacket that long and big.

ford.jpg

Marcus D'Hat

New in Town
I know that the pursuit of the grail jacket is a futile endeavor. But, many of us have been on a journey of finding that perfect 'fit' and 'style' that we feel like we can really own. Various fit photos/feedback posts have been so helpful in landing on my current trove of jackets. I thought it would be fun and helpful to share the photos that inspired you towards certain fit and style.

Can you share what your current favorite styles are (as many as you want) and the photos that you think best showcase how the jacket should fit and be styled? The photos can be from the TFL members or any others you found inspirational along the quest.

Here's my contribution to get this thread going.

Cafe Racer/J100 for its simplicity and form-fitting* silhouette
*Can't stand those pants, though.

View attachment 146038

Cross-zip without the belt and all the metal blings*
*Middle-aged man complex
View attachment 146039

I own a jacket that has seven zippers, my friends call me Zipperboy, it's even on one of our group T-Shirts.

Mich486

One Too Many
This definitely inspired me when younger (although it’s a look I moved on from) and I’m sure a lot of other guys wearing black cross-zip (not HD of course, of that we are sure given the sleeve length ;))

7002dc50bf8a96a0653b68f75cd8ddb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Ronin

One of the Regulars
Many jackets, amongst other things are too slim fitting these days.

I can't find anything to fit me properly. They're all made for slimmer people. I've got a 46" chest and 36" waist. Nothing fits. If it fits the chest maybe it clears the shoulder. If it does that it is massive around my waistline.

I've got a Schott coming. We will see. Might have to go full custom. Not in the budget right now however.

Jackets should fit right. Skin tight not in my opinion. To each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails