Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

humanshoes

One Too Many
Has anyone seen a hat size measurement tool like this. My problem is that I need all the sellers’ to have the tool and get me an accurate measurements before I buy hats from them. I’m not sure what use I’d have for it.

d31856189f624efcd524d6d5e546a32e.png

f0b9092b5a1be6f2297a96ce2b14ff62.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Has anyone seen a hat size measurement tool like this. My problem is that I need all the sellers’ to have the tool and get me an accurate measurements before I buy hats from them. I’m not sure what use I’d have for it.

d31856189f624efcd524d6d5e546a32e.png

f0b9092b5a1be6f2297a96ce2b14ff62.png

Yep, I have one exactly like it. I thought it would be good for checking final size measurements, but it's not close to being accurate so it's been relegated to "conversation piece" status.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This was listed as a “hat stretcher” but it looks more like an adjustable flange or maybe something not hat related at all. I can’t see how it work work as a flange or a hat stretcher.

dc2287a4a2fe8b2be22d4204726d430a.png

4b8d458adb952572ea679e053702c0ce.png

Hey....that there is an oil well cap clamp pattened by Red Adair. I think??

^^^of course i was kidding...everybody knows it’s a toilet seat alignment tool!
You had your chance on the 50 sorry dude.

Now you’re hurting my feelings. I’m a sensitive soul.

After receiving “my” 50 I offered it to another Lounger for less than $50! I shipped it to him and he didn’t want it and he returned it me. Now I can’t find one for love or money. Those are some rare birds.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I just received a real nice surprise on the front porch yesterday morning. This is a prototype straight sided block that fellow Lounger, Rockwater, custom made and sent to me. I'm really impressed with the profile of this block and I have high hopes for it. Rockwater made it from quarter sawn Honduran Mahogany and the workmanship and detail he put into it is absolutely outstanding. It has a very attractive grain and the finish is smooth as silk in a low gloss satin like sheen. He also crafted a block stand and a band block of the same Honduran Mahogany. This particular block is 6 inches tall and is 23 1/4 inches in diameter to accommodate for a 7 1/4 hat size. I haven't seen anything as nice as this. This block is so straight that it looks like it would be a perfect candidate to make a "Raiders" style hat if one was so inclined. Words fail me on this one so it's better to show it in pics, and even words aren't enough to describe the fine workmanship that Rockwater put into this:

Front view: check out the attractive grain pattern
Hat-Block-Walnut-2-A.jpg

Side view:
Hat-Block-Walnut-1-A.jpg

All the pieces together in the same Honduran Mahogany:
Hat-Block-Walnut-3-A.jpg

Close up of the grain pattern:
Hat-Block-Walnut-7-A.jpg

Perfect fit:
Hat-Block-Walnut-8-A.jpg

The trial run, and I'm using a Borsalino to be the first of many conversions to follow on this block...

Front:
Hat-Block-Walnut-11-A.jpg

Side:
Hat-Block-Walnut-10-A.jpg

I have to add that it's an honor for me to be the first to use a block that was crafted by Rockwater.

Last edited:

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I just received a real nice surprise on the front porch yesterday morning. This is a prototype straight sided block that fellow Lounger, Rockwater, custom made and sent to me. I'm really impressed with the profile of this block and I have high hopes for it. Rockwater made it from quarter sawn Honduran Mahogany and the workmanship and detail he put into it is absolutely outstanding. It has a very attractive grain and the finish is smooth as silk in a low gloss satin like sheen. He also crafted a block stand and a band block of the same Honduran Mahogany. This particular block is 6 inches tall and is 23 1/4 inches in diameter to accommodate for a 7 1/4 hat size. I haven't seen anything as nice as this. This block is so straight that it looks like it would be a perfect candidate to make a "Raiders" style hat if one was so inclined. Words fail me on this one so it's better to show it in pics, and even words aren't enough to describe the fine workmanship that Rockwater put into this:

Hat-Block-Walnut-2-A.jpg

Side view:
Hat-Block-Walnut-1-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-3-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-7-A.jpg

Perfect fit:
Hat-Block-Walnut-8-A.jpg

The trial run, and I'm using a Borsalino to be the first of many conversions to follow on this block...

Front:

Side:

Wow, that is certainly some fine work! There is nothing quite like the natural grain in wood and leather to bring out the beauty in quality handwork. I foresee Rockwater receiving some PMs from others interested in such things; I wonder if he's considering selling these at some point?

At any rate, Terry, congratulations! I hope you get LOTS of use out of these tools.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that is certainly some fine work! I foresee Rockwater receiving some PMs from others interested in such things; I wonder if he's considering selling these at some point?

At any rate, Terry, congratulations! I hope you get LOTS of use out of these tools.

If anyone is interested they should definitely send him a PM. His workmanship is outstanding. I'm completely blown away by the quality of this piece in every way.

Thank you buddy. I definitely see more conversions for this block in its very near future.

Hat-Block-Walnut-2-A.jpg

Side view:
Hat-Block-Walnut-1-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-3-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-7-A.jpg

Perfect fit:
Hat-Block-Walnut-8-A.jpg

Front:

Side:

I have to add that it's an honor for me to be the first to use a block that was crafted by Rockwater.
That is some good looking material. Great workmanship and he knows who to send it to.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
That is some good looking material. Great workmanship and he knows who to send it to.
Thanks, steur. Rockwater is definitely a craftsman. I almost hated using it because it's so nice. It's a beautiful piece of work. Even my wife talked about confiscating it and using it as a display piece on the coffee table in our living room! It's that nice!

humanshoes

One Too Many

Hat-Block-Walnut-2-A.jpg

Side view:
Hat-Block-Walnut-1-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-3-A.jpg

Hat-Block-Walnut-7-A.jpg

Perfect fit:
Hat-Block-Walnut-8-A.jpg

Front:

Side:

Dammit. These tools are just stupid beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner