Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

Zephyr Union

New in Town

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thought I would put together a little video comparing the Jiffy Steamer and the Reimers Steamer. Also, showing the plumbing I put in my garage to support using the Reimers Steamer.

Removing old link.

This is a new link, I hope I got the permissions correctly so anyone can view without being prompted to login or signup. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsyHV1WZHn-Hg5Rq-7CznrJaSxOfjw?e=iPGMYS
That Reimers machine is first rate CWV. Your dedication to acquiring the tools of the trade is impressive indeed.

Zephyr Union

New in Town
3CD4B198-E80B-429E-BF9A-9DA10C517CE6.jpeg
06C5574D-AC70-487E-A0F7-F230DE39D2D9.jpeg
2A69D43E-8FDD-43C2-9CD5-AF0954AAD173.jpeg

started resorting my formillion

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I think I may have just got myself a Stratoliner block in 7 1/8 size. This is through Hatters Supply House and is more of the selling off of tools from Mark Havens. Anyway, they responded in a way that indicated they would be contacting me soon. I do not know if this is a reproduction block or vintage but hoping for the best. Crown height on it is 5 1/2 inch. I am curious to see how different it is from a 52. I will post pictures when I get it, if I am indeed the first one to claim it.

They had a bunch of other blocks, flanges, and other tools they are selling. I couldn't buy more as I am getting ready for a Hawaiian vacation in 3 weeks.

I think I may have just got myself a Stratoliner block in 7 1/8 size. This is through Hatters Supply House and is more of the selling off of tools from Mark Havens. Anyway, they responded in a way that indicated they would be contacting me soon. I do not know if this is a reproduction block or vintage but hoping for the best. Crown height on it is 5 1/2 inch. I am curious to see how different it is from a 52. I will post pictures when I get it, if I am indeed the first one to claim it.

They had a bunch of other blocks, flanges, and other tools they are selling. I couldn't buy more as I am getting ready for a Hawaiian vacation in 3 weeks.
I looked at their offering but the prices were still too high. My blocks from Poland are cheaper regular price. It looks like they now have a new & consistent ribbon supplier

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
I looked at their offering but the prices were still too high. My blocks from Poland are cheaper regular price. It looks like they now have a new & consistent ribbon supplier
Agreed, Jerzy makes nice blocks. The prices are still lower after shipping from Poland?
Honestly, I didn't want to pass up on a Stratoliner block, I am very curious to see the profile for the block. I have only ever seen pictures of the hat.

Agreed, Jerzy makes nice blocks. The prices are still lower after shipping from Poland?
Honestly, I didn't want to pass up on a Stratoliner block, I am very curious to see the profile for the block. I have only ever seen pictures of the hat.
Yes, the prices are still lower. Part of it though is Hatter's Supply wants insane money to ship to Canada. I tried to order a ribbon sample card for $5 and he want $29 for postage on top of the $5.....and it fits in an envelope.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Yes, the prices are still lower. Part of it though is Hatter's Supply wants insane money to ship to Canada. I tried to order a ribbon sample card for $5 and he want $29 for postage on top of the $5.....and it fits in an envelope.
Shipping prices are crazy to Canada for some reason. I just learned and signed up for Pirate Ship which has discounted USPS rates but not sure what they use for their shipping. For me the block that they are sending to me, shipping was $17.57.

Shipping prices are crazy to Canada for some reason. I just learned and signed up for Pirate Ship which has discounted USPS rates but not sure what they use for their shipping. For me the block that they are sending to me, shipping was $17.57.
Shipping from the US to Canada and vice versa is about the same. The only difference is from US to Canada the small parcel size is slightly larger. But I ship my hats across the US for about $20US and it is about the same from US to here.....as long as they are under 36"..LxHxW.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Today I am the lucky owner of this device. Threw in a bid, I was the only one and for once actually won an Ebay auction....is it really an auction if I am the only bidder? Will let you know how well it works in a few weeks.
Congrats on getting that one Robert. I'm more than curious to find out if it actually works for it's intended purpose. Very cool piece!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy