Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of Ladies with Hair Adornments

DrMags

New in Town
Does anyone use barrettes ? I bought a glue gun, some barrettes and flowers at Joanns recently.

The flatter flowers did turn out better (rose, daisy), which sucks b/c I love lilies. Anyone have any tips for these flowers, so that once theyre glued theyre positioned on your head right

For ex:I positioned a white lily on my head to see how i wanted it, glued it to a barrette. Then when I clipped the barrette, well, didnt look so hot, just didnt position right. Is this something that just takes practice? Or should I try alligator clips?

Thx lovelies!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
DrMags said:
The flatter flowers did turn out better (rose, daisy), which sucks b/c I love lilies. Anyone have any tips for these flowers, so that once theyre glued theyre positioned on your head right

For ex:I positioned a white lily on my head to see how i wanted it, glued it to a barrette. Then when I clipped the barrette, well, didnt look so hot, just didnt position right. Is this something that just takes practice? Or should I try alligator clips?

I don't like using barrettes - too much bulk! I find that it's pointless putting clips on flowers that don't have flat backs. I've never gotten it to work and find it much easier to just tuck the stem into my hair.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DrMags said:
Does anyone use barrettes ? I bought a glue gun, some barrettes and flowers at Joanns recently.

Thx lovelies!

I would suggest getting flat barettes or using curler clips.
270305.jpg

or
292500.jpg

Position the flower first on your head to see the angle at which it needs to hit your head. Then glue it on the barrette at the same angle.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I agree with Miss Bella Hell. I use the type of clips shown in the lower picture. I find that if you can find a way to lay a good portion of the flower along the clip, the glue will hold better. I've been using some orchids from Michael's (a whole bush of pretty realistic ones on clearance for $4!!). They are a little conical, so they are trickier to use. I have found that after playing with positioning, if I can lay a whole petal along the clip, the point of the flower also laying along the clip, rather than standing out from it, it works well.

I hope that makes sense. I'll have to post up some pics.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
So many people recreating vintage looks wear flowers in thier hair. Was this a popular look at one time to wear with dresses, or just something modern. I have never seen this vintage look outside of gals wear it with swimsuits. Anyone have any vintage pics showing what type of flowers worn?

texasgirl

One Too Many
Here are a few more. I thought they might give all of us a little inspiration :)

Audrey
audreyhepburn.jpg
audrey2.jpg

Ida Lupino
idalupino.jpg
ida2.jpg

Hedy Lamarr
hedylamarr.jpg

Greta Garbo
gretagarbo.jpg

Gloria Swanson
gloriaSwanson30.jpg

Marlene Dietrich
marlenedietrich.jpg

Joi Lansing
JoiLansing.jpg

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Such wonderful photos to get inspired by!

I have an affinity to get real flowers and a matching boutonni?®re for special events. Here is the best photo showing off the flowers in my hair and the second is what I got for the boyfriend.

SemaBanquetAug07.jpg

SemaBanquetAug074.jpg

I always find that using a more exotic flower works better, this time around I chose gardenia's they both look and smell great!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
They are just beautiful!!! Gardenia's are my all time fave! And they look so LOVELY.. particularly in red hair.;)

kerry

One of the Regulars
BakingInPearls said:
Such wonderful photos to get inspired by!

I have an affinity to get real flowers and a matching boutonni?®re for special events. Here is the best photo showing off the flowers in my hair and the second is what I got for the boyfriend.

SemaBanquetAug07.jpg

SemaBanquetAug074.jpg

I always find that using a more exotic flower works better, this time around I chose gardenia's they both look and smell great!
Where do you all find these wonderful red hair colours, mine always looks really dull.:(

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Red: I love how they look in red or dark colored hair it just brings out the beauty of the flower

Kerry: I had just dyed my hair about 4 days earlier so it had only had one washing into it, that color was a box dye called Hot Tamale by Garnier Nutrsse it's been a good color for me it came out probably only around 7 months ago so I hope they keep it on their product line.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
BakingInPearls said:
Kerry: I had just dyed my hair about 4 days earlier so it had only had one washing into it, that color was a box dye called Hot Tamale by Garnier Nutrsse it's been a good color for me it came out probably only around 7 months ago so I hope they keep it on their product line.

HA HA!! I Thought I recognized that color! although mine is a little brighteras I have to use 40vol to get my black hair bright red! Yay for hot tamales!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner