Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of My Grandfathers Sears Mens Furnishings

MisterGrey

Practically Family
It's funny because everything we wore growing up was purchased at Sears. I remember my Grandfather said, "know one wore dungarees but peopple that were doing work. Now I realize he meant "Levi's".
That said, I observe in my fathers High School Yearbooks, people were wearing slacks to school in 1960.

As recently as my Freshman year of college, Sears was one of my go-to stores for great shirts, ties, and casual wear. They had some really great stuff that was unique and long-wearing (my personal favorite- white striped tone-on-tone dress shirts). Then their prices began to go up while the quality stayed the same or diminished and became more and more generic. Meanwhile, JC Penny started to come out with some really nice stuff for the same price Sears had been selling years before. About a month ago I decided to go back to Sears and see if maybe anything had changed in the face of the economic shakeup. If anything, it'd gotten worse. Broadcloth shirts on clearance for $30+? Maybe at Macy's...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails