Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink shirts...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...I swore up and down (especially with the recent trendiness) I wouldn't wear pink, but...well, I've got a riley collar shirt with french cuffs in pink left over from a '20s picnic which I bought to match my date's dress. That was nearly two years ago. It's sat in the closet ever since.

I'm attending a cousin's wedding tomorrow, wearing my tan suit. I've got a new(old) tie, tie clip, collar bar and cufflinks that I want to wear. I have a tan shirt to match the suit...

...and I've got the pink shirt that ties in perfectly with the pink & red tie, clip, bar, links and suit.

I suppose once every two years ain't bad. I did my usual pre-event 'dry run' last night, and it looks sharp.

Pictures coming, if I can get them.

...trendiness and insecurity be d@mned.

Rafter

Suspended
Pink Dahlia said:
My name being what it is I must say...I'm for the gents wearing pink! :D

Post pics if ya got 'em!
grease_hand_jive.jpg

In the movie Grease, John Travolta wore a pink shirt with a black sports jacket.
I have to say that shirt was a bit "too pink"! He also wore pink socks. Yikes!!

I own a pink dress shirt. But it's much paler, almost white!!

I've worn "A White Sport Coat & A Pink Carnation"!!

A white sport coat and a pink carnation
I'm all dressed up for the dance.
A white sport coat and a pink carnation,
I'm all alone in romance.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
*shudder*

...I've never had the stomach for kitch on the level of Grease. I make it 15 minutes in and I have to shut it off.

I'll try to get a few shots before I leave tomorrow.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Thanks y'all...now I've got that Aerosmith song "Pink" going through my head!
I prefer a nice pastel pink shirt with off-white pants and a navy blazer (or charcaol gray pants and a very dark green sport jacket). What can I say? When you live in Florida, cool colors like pink are the norm!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm in the Pink, always have been!

Are they IN again? Who knew! I don't pay much attention to fashion trends. I've been wearing pink shirts for as long as I can remember. I have at least a dozen in various fabrics, both solids and patterns. I have many more white and blue shirts but pink would be a solid third, with lavender becoming a big favorite in the last few years.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am always drawn to men in pink. To me it signifies a sense of confidence in themself and their style as many men feel uncomfortable pulling it off.

I can't wait to see the pics!

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Kimberly said:
I am always drawn to men in pink. To me it signifies a sense of confidence in themself and their style as many men feel uncomfortable pulling it off.

I can't wait to see the pics!
It takes a REAL MAN to wear pink. Go for it !!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Joie DeVive said:
John Wayne wore pink....

...or would you call that salmon??? ;)
A friend of mine bought a salmon (pink;) ) Harley-Davidson motorcycle (with a sidecar:eusa_doh: ) but sold it within a year because he tired of constantly having to explain to people the difference between salmon and pink. lol

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Kibosh on the pink shirt...and the suit, hat, tie, and everything else. My family wants me to show up in uniform.

Ugh. Instead of lightweight gabardine, 55 / 45 poly / wool. Sure hope it's overcast.

Jovan

Suspended
... in uniform for a wedding? I'm sure it's not necessary unless the groom is in uniform too. Perhaps you should just explain to them you'd be more comfortable in your suit.

Travis

Suspended
The Wingnut said:
That's what I said...no dice, everyone wants to see the uniform.

Oh, well.

Michael Corleone attended the wedding in uniform in the first Godfather movie if I remember correctly. Very cool in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran