Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plain Teamster

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
I can only add to the praise above, it looks and fits great.

How are you finding the tweed lining? I'm wondering how it compares in warmth and comfort to the wool tartans.

jglf

A-List Customer
Beautiful jacket. I wonder if Aero could make the front out of one piece without the yoke.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Dav, that's one fantastic jacket and you wear it very well indeed. Good call with the length too. That's how I like seeing them.

BobJ

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket Dav! Looks like it's goning to be easy and comfortable to wear. It's funny how the outdoor photos make it look more cordovan than brown. Amazing sleeve wrinkles for such a new jacket!

I've actually been thinking about doing something like this myself and was wondering if I could ask your a couple questions. How is the freedom of movement in the arms and shoulders without the action back? And how hard are the buttons to do up?

Thanks for sharing Dav - I have a feeling that jacket is going to see a lot of wear!

Bob

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Superb jacket Dav...
Does tend to give you the appearance of a bodyguard in the photo though!

True. Reminds me of Vinnie Jones. :D

53415_article.jpeg

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks all!
Jake - not too sure how it compares to the tartans as I've never tried a jacket with that lining, it is noticably thinner, cooler and is a bit more itchy than the Alpacca though.

Bob - I'm losing some movement by removing the action back, how much is difficult to say as I've not tried one with it, safe to say though that driving is no problem but I wouldn't like to play golf or bowl a cricket ball while wearing it. The buttons are rather stiff at the moment but with time will ease!

Karhu/Rudie - Lol, I don't have a problem with that. :D

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
You've quite the collection. I'm beginning to fall in love with the look of Aeros, particularly in cordovan. Thanks for sharing...

Worf

wdw

One Too Many
narrower across the shoulders than my HWN.
Just noticed this comment. Is the chest size the same as your HWM?

Reason I ask is that my 40" HWM and Teamster both have 19" shoulders seam to seam. My 40" Stockman would have had 19.5" shoulders, which I felt was a smidge too much, so I went down to the 38" which had the same 19" shoulders (if you still follow me!).

Others have said that Aero sizing can be "variable".

Dav

One Too Many
Just got the tape out.
The Teamster is 19" across shoulders, 22" seam to seam across chest
The HWN is 20.25" shoulders, 22" across chest
Both size 42
I've always known that the HWN was a bit big in the shoulder but loved it so much that I've stuck with it, the Teamster I did ask for the shoulders to be no more than 19", I forgot to mention that in the OP!

wdw

One Too Many
Very interesting. My 40" Teamster is also 22" across the chest, but my 40" HWM is only 20". The back of the HWM is 20.5" at the widest seam, but the Teamster is 20". The side panels on both obviously add to the overall chest width, but your Teamster is very different in the back design, so not at all comparable.

Possibly your mods, especially the shoulder width, made it more akin to a standard 40". No doubt others will have other different dimensions to throw into the mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW