Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plain Teamster

Dav

One Too Many
Hi Gents
I thought some of you might like to see my new Teamster that arrived yesterday.
My original order was for an Oil-pull Teamster, size 42, black cotton drill lining, 26.5" arms, 29" body, no action back, no half belt, no side straps but retaining the side panels, lining pockets L and R.
Sometime into the wait I had a bit of a change of mind and so swapped to brown FQHH, Tweed lining and L and R facing pockets.
I'm more than pleased with the result so here are some pics.

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

I didn't specify which Tweed I wanted as I didn't know there was more than one choice, but I do like the result, I'm a little disappointed with the way they have done the inside pockets, I thought they would have been in the leather facing, as I've seen done before, but I'll live with them.
IMG_3849.jpg

And finally me in my best catalogue pose.

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That is a seriously jacket and appears to fit you very well. Congratulations!

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Dav, wonderful jacket! I like the tough, casual and relatively simple look. I've been waiting and hoping to see this since you posted about the order a few months ago. Nice choices.
I just wish you'd received it in September so I could have put my order in before the price increase! Indecision costs, I suppose.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great jacket, great fit, great overall attire!! They absolutely nailed the fit and the tweed lining looks very tasty.

BTW: Superb RW 1907 boots...I like them much better than the 875. As you know the 1907 has a true double stitched construction. Along with the more rustic leather and leather laces this one really is a deluxe version of the 875.

I thought they were discontinued for Europe and just been re-introduced? Are they brand new or three-four years old?

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket Dav. I think the inside pockets are actually well thought out. The ones your thinking of, in the facing, are all zipper front jackets, and wouldn't work so well with the button front. You'd end up with way too many layers of leather pile on top of each other right in the middle of your chest.

Great job!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
That's one great jacket at good fit! I allways thought the Teamster was a more loose cut, but this looks very good.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks gents for the compliments!

Jan
The boots are quite new, got them from Redwing Amsterdam a couple of months ago.

schitzo

Suspended
Dav that length is really good and I agree with all of those modifications. I've been toying with the idea of a Cheyenne/Veste de Rallye/Stockman in this same length because I don't want side buckles, but looking at what you've done here that's added another possibility into my headache! Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? At 6,2 I was thinking to get this length that you've nailed so well here would mean I'd have to go 29.5"

All the best
Schitz

Edward

Bartender
Good looking jacket.... looks like a similar cut to the Highwayman, except buttoned and about four inches longer?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice look jacket - really like the tweed lining. You've got it just at the right time to get the most wear out of it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner