Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me choose the right hat for my TV appearance!

silvershadow

New in Town
thanks again!

Thanks again to everyone for posting.

I got through to the second round!

Sang "What Kind of Fool am I" whilst playing the piano. It should go to air in a month or so, I'll post it on YouTube. Turned out that everyone turned up wearing some sort of hat, so to be the different one I ended up not wearing the hat...but still wore it around town...People must be getting used to seeing more and more people wearing hats now because I definately got fewer looks than I used to whilst wearing the Homburg.

Thanks again, your posts are really appreciated. And I've re-fallen in love with that Herbert Johnson that I bought when I was 13! It's interesting on the inside, by the way...it says "made by Herbert Johnson, etc etc, London", then on the other side of the band it says "made for R. Hunt & Co. Vice Regal Hatters, Sydney", then the satin lining has the Vic Cooper hatter sign on it. I remember taking it to Vic Coopers when I was a kid (it was already 50 years old then) and they reckoned it had probably been re-lined by them at some stage. Sadly Vic Cooper, hatter is long gone.

Regards, Glenn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran