Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help

rus1980

Familiar Face
Good evening,

This is my first post and clearly I seem to be in the right place to ask if anyone can help
me find the toque, glasses and jacket that this fella is wearing in this picture.

Suggestions?

http://nostalgiaonwheels.blogspot.ca/2011/04/wwii-usn-deck-jackets.html

For some reason I couldn't figure out how to post the actual picture. It's the picture of the gent wearing the "Deck" jacket, talking to the police officer.

If someone else can figure out how to post the picture please do...

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
You mean this one?
deck%2Bjacket.jpg

Pardon me for asking, but why would you want to know? He looks like a bum.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Hey, guys, insult the guy right out of the joint on his first visit! You can catch more tasteful dressers with honey than you can with vinegar, right? (Or something.)
So rus, if you like that . . . errr . . . hat . . . , why you just go right ahead and get one.
BTW, rus, WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE. We're a real friendly, welcoming NONJUDGMENTAL bunch around here.

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
Similar glasses could probably be easily obtained from any mall or motorcycle shop.

I've a hundred caps (sans the pom-pom --> he must be a rebel. Cartman's Dad?), each dedicated for different duties depending on the weather and environment.

Here's a good place for jackets. They already have a bunch of my money:

http://www.vintagetrends.com/military/stylemenu.asp?MC=Military+Vintage&CA=Men&SC=Jackets/Coats

(eta: In Pennsylvania we call them 'ski caps'. Why would a Canuck be asking where to get one? Aren't you issued one at birth?)

Last edited:

pipvh

Practically Family
The glasses look like Persols. N1 jacket for sure. I thought it was Jack Nicholson at first glance...

robrinay

One Too Many
There are lots of N1 deck jackets for sale on eBay of varying quality and at least one Buzz Rickson version (top quality). I'm sure you'd find the other items there too by searching using some of the terms given above - Ray Ban etc.

Interbak

One of the Regulars
I knew he was a fellow Canadian as soon as I saw him use "toque", never heard anyone call them a "Bobble cap" before. If it has eye cutouts, it's called a balaclava or just a plain old ski mask.
Looks like so many we had as kids, but I couldn't tell you where to get one now. I'll have a look at the surplus shop down the street next time I'm in there, probably the best place to find one.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart