Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Bela Lugosi's 40's, Poverty Row Films

Which is your favorite Bela Lugosi "Poverty Row" movie?

• Invisible Ghost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Dragons

• Vodoo Man

• Return of the Ape Man

• Total voters

martinsantos

Practically Family
I'm sure that exist a lot of Lugosi fans. The problem is these films had the worst distribuition. Most of them are just impossible to see. After this thread i tried to find some in DVDs stores, but no success. So it's a little difficult to talk about movies impossible to see...

(not only a Lugosi trouble. I tried too to find a "class A" musical from 1946, "A Song is Born", with Danny Kaye, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong and so on. Never launched in VHS or DVD - in 50s/60s it was in 16mm, but a impossible to find copy).

^^Bump (in the dark). Okay, there have got to be more Bela Lugosi fans...

martinsantos

Practically Family
John, here there isn't this store. And anyway, probably they wouldn't import such films. First they would have to make the subtitles, etc (no one would buy without them - OK, maybe me, but it's hard to understand at first run what the actors are saying!). A lot of costs to try to sell films that don't have such a public to pay all the work done.

I am sure you can get a flight to Los Angeles and visit one of the many Fry's in the Southern California area. As to subtitles or SAP second audio program most old films don't get those often it is true. I am always intrigued by the different languages some of the new movies are in such as Spanish or French but I recall seeing one of the Chinese dialects as a selection .

martinsantos

Practically Family
Be sure this is a travel that I'm dreaming about for a long time!! Not so easy to me - but I'm sure I'll do this, someday. :cool:

Meanwhile, my passion for old films is asking me to learn to listen English better...

Blackjack

One Too Many
Ok, they're all so bad I voted for Spooks, but out side of the great Universal horror flics of the 30's I like You'll Find Out w/ Kay Kyser's band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland