Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL: US members: Which Region of the US are you from

Which Region of the US are you from

• New England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • East North Central

• West North Central

• South Atlantic

• East South Central

• West South Central

• Mountain

• Total voters

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
Oh SNAP.
I didn't see the map. I'm actually west south central by about 40 miles. I hit east, though, following the boundaries of the Southeastern Conference.

Good man, I like your thinking.

Way down upon the Suwannee River, here. Well, about 30 miles from it.

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Don't be greedy.
He's not--we WERE our own country once, y'know--the only one that seceded from another in favor of joining the Union post-revolution.

So, how do I answer this? I was born and presently live in the Seattle area, but my roots are very strong central/west Texas, and I plan to move "home" at first opportunity...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That map certainly is strange, but at least they got New England right. I'm sure if I were from outside this region I would have been incredibly confused!!:eek:

I do think the terms that they use are funny, for they aren't what we "common folks" would refer to them as. However, the government usually does do their own thing. These terms might just be governmental terms that they have always used in regards to different regions. They probably just never changed them from the original, or earlier censuses.

It is funny though to see "East South Central" as a location on a map. Isn't that like gang territory in Chicago or something??

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
I do think the terms that they use are funny, for they aren't what we "common folks" would refer to them as.

What do you mean? I've never heard the Mid-Atlantic referred to as anything but that except by people who are trying to be artistic (The Foundry? That's a little precious...) or joking around/demeaning. The Rust Belt. "That area between New England and The South." :D

-Viola

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
hmmm...if the South Atlantic is the 2nd most popular vote...WHERE ARE ALL THE SOUTHERNERS!?

Seriously, the lounge makes me want to move to CA or NYC so I can go to some events for crying out loud.

C'mon y'all, let's get something together! (the South will rise again! hahaha)

Rafter

Suspended
Miss Lucy June said:
hmmm...if the South Atlantic is the 2nd most popular vote...WHERE ARE ALL THE SOUTHERNERS!?

Mornin' to y'all,

You can actually view who lives in which region by just clicking on one of the numbers.
As far as getting the North and South together,
What about something in Myrtle Beach?
Flights from Boston, Philadelphia, DC and NYC are quite reasonable.

Technonut

Practically Family
Miss Lucy June said:

Seriously, the lounge makes me want to move to CA or NYC so I can go to some events for crying out loud.

Miss Lucy June, I am a proud Southerner that hails from just west of Richmond... ;) I have also lived in Augusta and Beech Island SC. :) Indeed, the South will rise again... :eusa_clap

American by birth... Southern by the grace of God. ;)

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Rafter said:
Mornin' to y'all,

You can actually view who lives in which region by just clicking on one of the numbers.
As far as getting the North and South together,
What about something in Myrtle Beach?
Flights from Boston, Philadelphia, DC and NYC are quite reasonable.

Did you know I'm from Myrtle Beach? Bring it on...I will say, there aren't very many swanky places here. Well I guess there are a couple of martini bars and some upscale restaurants...nothing near as cool as "the big city". That is definitely an idea I'm willing to think on...

But "y'all come back now ya hear?"

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
God's country (and He can have it), the Land of Some Assembly Required, sunny Southern California (It's not smog, it's a light mist that comes up off the freeways.) And someone will soon mention the obligatory, "Land of Fruits and Nuts," I'm sure. :p

Lee

After driving around today, it's clear (heh!) that the smogberry trees are in full bloom.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
"East North Central " makes a lot more sense than "Midwest."

I never thought of Chicago being "Midwest." "Mideast" maybe...

Viola

Call Me a Cab
SpitfireXIV said:
"East North Central " makes a lot more sense than "Midwest."

I never thought of Chicago being "Midwest." "Mideast" maybe...

Isn't Mideast like Tel Aviv? :p

-Viola

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
You'd definitely be worth heading to Myrtle Beach for, well along with visiting the A-10 wing out there... (even though the bigger attraction is definitely warm and soft rather than cold, metal and constantly whining...lol)

We have what out here? Are you talking about the 1 plane we have out on the old Air Force Base?

And yes, it is defintely warm here!

Darn, I forgot they deactivated the 354th TFW out there.
Anyay, I was talking about these beauties (lol):
A-10Warthog.jpg

On the other hand, if their old museum collection's still there, it's gonna be on the to-do list someday. Sorry, it's a wing-nut thing... (I was born in to an Air Force/aerospace-industry family, so I was kinda raised to be obsessive about 'em.)

OTOH, the humidity could get ugly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner