Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL: US members: Which Region of the US are you from

Which Region of the US are you from

• New England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • East North Central

• West North Central

• South Atlantic

• East South Central

• West South Central

• Mountain

• Total voters

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is the US Census map
786px-Census_Regions_and_Divisions.PNG

Rooster

Practically Family
I'm not sure my location is covered here. It would be central central central.lol
As far east in Iowa as you can get. What is generally refered to as "fly over country".

Miss_Bella_Hell

Rooster said:
I'm not sure my location is covered here. It would be central central central.lol
As far east in Iowa as you can get. What is generally refered to as "fly over country".

That's why I included the map ;) Pick wherever your state fits on THIS map, even if it's not really "on the map" as it were! lol

warbird

One Too Many
The Southeast here.

"I am yet and will die a Rebel ... I repeat that I die a Rebel out and out, and my last request is that my body be removed to Tennessee, and be buried in good Rebel soil." Champ Ferguson ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Region

We got a lotta baseball caps and western hats in West South Central. We're usually just known as the Southwest but this extends farther west than your map.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
As our State song says, "right in the heart of the golden west..."

I've lived in several other regions (and countries), but I grew up--and happily now again reside--in Nevada. According to the map, that puts me in the Mountain West. I'm about a half mile from being in the Pacific region.

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
boarder Crosser

For the longest time Lived in New Albany IN and worked in Louisville KY.
Now live and work in Louisville. So when asked where I lived would just say Louisville.

See you at the Derby!

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I've never heard of my part of the country (Florida) referred to as the South Atlantic. It's usually considered the Southeast. Hope I didn't screw up the poll...

warbird

One Too Many
RedPop4 said:
Oh SNAP.
I didn't see the map. I'm actually west south central by about 40 miles. I hit east, though, following the boundaries of the Southeastern Conference.

Pop by the grace of God and the wisdom of the father's of the SEC, Kings of football, i do indeed declare you a bona fide south easterner. Even with those strange little idiosyncrasies of you New Owwwleeens folks.

We shall have to contemplate a while on Arkansas however. After all they hid in the SWC for many years tryin' to hide their southern ruuuts. Though Texans are southern, they are not SEC. Yeah this will require some mighty contemplatin.

warbird

One Too Many
MK said:
Whoever created that map had to be from back East. They made the Western half of the country one part.:rolleyes:

Well it does say separate them as mountain and pacific. Should have a Pacific NW Region of its own. But I think they just took the time zones as the divider. Except Nevada, which is in the Pacific time zone if i recall, but in the mountain on the map. Dunno.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm originally from the Northeast (NY), but I've lived in California for about 12 years now, so I guess it's time to just say I'm from the west coast!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I was worried, at first I didn't see my region as one of the options. I had to consult the map. I guess Michigan falls into "East North Central" although I have never heard the term before. I always say I'm from the Midwest.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Yeah, there were lots of maps to choose from, I figured the census bureau wouldn't be too screwy. WRONG!

Someone really ought to do a European one...but not me. I'm too poll happy today.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
MK said:
Whoever created that map had to be from back East. They made the Western half of the country one part.:rolleyes:
It's from the Census Bureau. They take the four main areas and divide each of those into 2 or 3 sub areas. It took me a second look to see this. Thus the West is Mountain and Pacific Coast. I'm not sure I'd agree with these distinctions, but it must be a compromise between breaking the country down by population and by geography.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
SinatraStyle said:
I was worried, at first I didn't see my region as one of the options. I had to consult the map. I guess Michigan falls into "East North Central" although I have never heard the term before. I always say I'm from the Midwest.
You could say you're from the East North Central Middle West. Or possibly the Upper East North Central Middle West.
Me? I'm from Brooklyn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred