Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pompadours

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Sorry if there is a thread already about this classic hair style. I looked way back in the archives and didn't see one, so...

What's everyone think about this do?

Anyone here wear their hair in this way?

If so, let's see your pomps!

Last edited:

70weight

New in Town
I pile mine high.... and the ladies cant get enough...what more do you need?....

product- Hawleywood's LayRite pomade & a quality hard comb....

higher the hair, the closer to God...

keep it greased...

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Well said, Weight.

Of course we all wish we could reach the great heights of Johnny Suede.

1992-johnny-suede-28.jpg

Kabel

Familiar Face
*edit* (Argh, learn to read, or don't edit posts whilst not paying attention. Silly me)

Here's my* try, using Dr. Rubin's.

forward.jpg

Last edited:

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Looking good, Kabel.

Whoever cut your hair did a good job blending the top and bottom lengths together.

My beautician friend is going to be cutting my hair pretty soon and I'll be sure and use your photo as a reference for her as well as this one:

xcm9av.jpg

I hate to keep harping on Brad Pitt, but he did seem to be rocking the pomp a lot in the early nineties. This one from Cool World is a lot more realistic, though, and me and him have a similar hair color.

Kabel

Familiar Face
It does make sense that hat wearing would shrink a pomp right down. I think it just depends of if you wear a hat that day.
And thank you Dapper, I think it was actually my mom who blended my sides and back that time, but I'm not sure anymore. I wish someone would open up a Barbershop in the Arnhem area. The salons scare me. They ask me what I use in my hair, I tell them it's pomade and they give me this look like they do not know what I'm talking about. Also tapered cuts are foreign to them…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo