Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dronak

Familiar Face
Dronak, congrats on having a wife who would do that for you! Looks like a nice one.

Yes, it was certainly nice of her to do that. I don't think she planned this, but since she found out about the hat store and knew I wanted a wider brimmed fedora, she decided to take a look. She actually narrowed it down to two hats, and I had to help pick which one I'd get. At ~$150 each, she wasn't about to buy both of them and I can't blame her. I went with this because the brim was a bit wider, the band was a bit thinner, the crease was more teardrop shaped (like I'm used to), and the clerk said the charcoal gray color (the other hat was black) was more versatile and would go with shades of black, gray, and navy, which is my overcoat, trench coat, and all of my suits, so it should go fairly well with just about anything I wear.

Darn sharp new hats, Robert, Alan, Dronak, Robert and Jeff!. My Congrats to those nice finds!

Thanks for the comment! I know that the fur felt (I think my wife said it's rabbit) should be a good material and should wear well as long as I take care of it. My wife bought a brush to go with the hat, and the store is including some basic care directions for me. If people here have some care tips though, please pass them along. They're also tossing in a few feathers, so that I can vary up the hat a little bit with them. As long as my wife likes how those look, I intend to use them. This will be my first wider brimmed fedora though, so I'm not sure exactly how it will look on me. But the clerk saw pictures of me wearing my ~1.5" brim fedoras and said I could use a wider brim, so I'm hopeful that it will suit me a bit better than the smaller brimmed hats I currently have.

BTW, my wife decided to have it shipped to me now, rather than try to deal with taking it on the plane when her trip's over, so I should have it within a week. She said it's my (early) Valentine's Day present. :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
P1050452.JPG
P1050453.JPG
P1050451.JPG

From a large Chicago Hat Store Chain.

I have to give it to you ,you come up with some of the nicest hat shown here on the forum
there was a hat I think you were wearing it yesterday or the day before that was totally
awesome.

You and that Bowlerman guy always show really nice hats kodo's to you both
Keep em coming I love to see your hats ,you have very good taste!

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
I've got two Akubras coming this week and my Falcon Park next month, so hopefully I'll finally have some new hats to share. In the meantime, great ones all! And RLK, those are some gorgeous straws!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
So many nice hats how can I find them in my size? I have to privately think, there must be a secret shop these hats surface from?

APB

New in Town
I am brand new to the forum and want to thank everyone for contributing valuable information here, which went a long way to helping me decide on the details of this custom western hat. I'm glad to be a part of the conversation from here on out. APB

Hat_zpsc86345fa.jpg
[/IMG]
HAt2_zpsd39e9995.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Robert, Fantastic! I also bid on this one. It looks to be in very good condition. Interesting the paper label follows the general format but no JHS. I wonder if JHS sourced their Top Hats? The box is very rare. Would like to see more details if possible. Also interesting that the paper label has size 6 Point and the visable size label is 58cm.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fuzzy Expo Medal Stetson

after vacuuming:
P1050504.JPG

why size tags and exterior wrap measurements can be more reliable than interior circumference:
under sweatband:
P1050505.JPG

The wide sweatband hid these completely from view. Its actually a 7-3/8 by tag, but fit like a 7-1/8 with the padding.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany