Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
My new hat.

This is my ?¢‚Ǩ?ìHavana?¢‚Ǩ? styled Montecristi from Optimo Hats. I got it as part of their annual ?¢‚Ǩ?ìFino Club?¢‚Ǩ? Montecristi acquisitions. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s the finest Montecristi hat that I own and I got it at a great price (especially considering how fine the detailing is). Enjoy

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

12-vi.jpg

P1010006-vi.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Optimo Super Duper Fino Deluxe.

What a work of art! You are no doubt extremely happy!

I spoke to Kevin at Optimo, and confirmed that this year's offerings were BETTER than the prior years for straw Montecristi Super FIno.

The one I got (for a friend) is spectacular, and extremely tight, even, and pure in the weave and color.

Let me explain, I gave up my standing Super Fino order this year so a good friend could buy one. He's delighted.

GREAT HAT, and good choice in ribbon!

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Dalexs
AND LOOK! It's a 7 1/2!!!! Me thinks Rundquist better keep a close on on his hat collection come QM time! :D

Dalexs

Sorry to disappoint you Dalexs, but wth me around, Rundquist won't have that hat anymore by the time the QM rolls around!;)
PBG

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Great Hat!

What a great looking hat, and I like the ribbon also.

That hat would go well with anything. I think I like the "Havana" block better than the "Belaire".

What are the deminsions on this hat Adam?

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Minnesota_Jones
...the guy weaving it probably goes blind when he's done!

Man, that's unbelievable! Really nice lid.

Is there a description or pictures anywhere documenting how one weaves straw that finely?

David

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Panamabob
...Check out www.brentblack.com for a great story and pictures.

Holy shite, that's amazing! Thanks for this.

"It should come as no great surprise that people don't want to weave anymore. The amazing thing is that they ever did it in the first place."* That just about sums it up!

David

*brentblack.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB