Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James K.

New in Town
I bought myself this hat from that company mostly because I wanted to test-drive a purchase from them with something cheap. The company sent my hat (a within EU borders delivery) in 1.5 week which is great, the hat was well protected and the shipping costs were reasonable.
It's a pity that here in Greece we don't have but a few hat makers/hat vendors, and even they are mostly focused on womens hats. While there are a lot of options when buying from the US, the massive shipping and import duty fees are limiting me to purchasing from EU shops. But I digress.

Now for the hat itself. It's a wool hat but it's nice for what it is and for the 30 quid I paid for it. It's crushable, sits comfortably on the head and I bought it (despite being summer) for the rainy days when wearing a panama is impossible.
Still, I have a major gripe with it in that it has a snap brim, but unlike what you see in the picture, the brim snaps up; similar to a homburg. Snapping it down as I'd prefer, is far from ideal since... well... it shows: the brim becomes uneven and curvy. I would really like it to have it down and straight permanently but I am unsure as how would I begin to achieve that, so, any advice you may have is welcome.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Still, I have a major gripe with it in that it has a snap brim, but unlike what you see in the picture, the brim snaps up; similar to a homburg. Snapping it down as I'd prefer, is far from ideal since... well... it shows: the brim becomes uneven and curvy. I would really like it to have it down and straight permanently but I am unsure as how would I begin to achieve that, so, any advice you may have is welcome.

At your risk - but generally I found a hot iron through a damp cloth, then leaving to cool works.

J. Hückel´s Söhne Flexible, measures ~ 58cm, 155 grams, probably 1930s. This Melone is in excellent / seldom worn condition. Very unique liner color and sweatband.

9248198820_fc1d168e2d_b.jpg

9248218912_45682e03c2_b.jpg

9248171850_4a129a6d7b_b.jpg

9248141868_7eec9dc1e2_b.jpg

Last edited:

casechopper

Well worn Mallory Durafelt "Cravanette Processed" Premier. Size 7 3/4
This hat is very light and flexible. Full 7 3/4 in size so it sits lightly with no pressure anywhere. It's been well worn by previous owner(s) but still has some life left. Would this be considered a Wanderer clone with the mid ribbon and bound edge?

IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6468.JPG

Last edited:

casechopper

Thanks Mayserwegener, ManofKent, Perry and Manfred!

Thanks Mr. Dean: How wide a ribbon would be normal for a Wanderer? This has a 1" ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany